AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (10-14) lost 11-10 (BOX SCORE)
Tough loss late for Fresno. Mayfield led off the game with a solo HR and Fisher added an RBI double to give Fresno an early 2-0 lead. Reno tied it up in the first but Fresno would retake the lead on a 3 run HR from Kemmer in the 4th inning. Hauschild made his return to the Astros system and allowed 2 runs over 3 innings. After Reno put up 5 in the 4th to take the lead, Tucker hit a 2 run HR in the 5th to tie it at 7. Also in the 5th, Mayfield had an RBI single and Kemmer had a 2 run double to take a 10-7 lead. Unfortunately, the bullpen couldn't hold it with Reno scoring 1 in the 6th, 2 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th to walk it off.
Note: Kemmer has 9 hits (3 2B, 2 HR) and 7 RBI in his last 3 games.
- Jack Mayfield, 2B: 4-for-6, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jon Kemmer, RF: 2-for-6, 2 R, 2B, HR, 5 RBI
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-5, 2B, RBI
- A.J. Reed, 1B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Tyler White, 3B: 1-for-6, SB
- Reid Brignac, SS: 1-for-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- Juan Centeno, C: 2-for-3, 2B
- Mike Hauschild, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Keegan Yuhl, RHP: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Sean Stutzman, LHP: 3.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Aaron West, RHP: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (14-9) won 7-1 (BOX SCORE)
Hooks flexed their muscles last night. Emanuel was on the mound and had one of the better outings in his Double-A career tossing 6.1 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts. Stubbs got the scoring started on a solo HR in the 2nd inning. Marisnick, playing in his second rehab game, hit a 2 run HR in the 3rd to make it 3-0. Ritchie added a solo HR in the 5th and Davis added a solo HR in the 6th. In the 8th inning, Stubbs hit another HR, this time a 2 run HR and his 3rd HR of the season. Dorris tossed 1.1 scoreless innings in relief with 3 strikeouts.
Note: Davis finihed April with 6 HR and only 16 K in 23 games.
- Drew Ferguson, LF: 1-for-4
- Jake Marisnick, CF: 1-for-2, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Jon Singleton, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Jamie Ritchie, DH: 1-for-2, R, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 1-for-2, R, BB, SB
- Kent Emanuel, LHP: 6.1 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K (WIN)
- Jacob Dorris, RHP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (16-8) lost 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Valdez got the start last night and pitched well allowing 1 run over 5 innings of work. Buies Creek jumped out to a 1-0 lead in this one when McCall scored on a wild pitch in the 2nd inning. The game would stay tied at 1-1 until the 9th inning when Wilmington got to the Buies Creek bullpen and scored 4 runs. Porter got one run back in the bottom of the 9th with a solo HR but that is all they would get, falling 5-2.
Note: Tucker finished the month of April with a .301 BA and 23 RBI.
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 1-for-4
- Johnny Sewald, LF: 1-for-3
- Dexture McCall, 1B: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Pat Porter, DH: 1-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Anthony Hermelyn, C: 1-for-2, 2 BB
- Arturo Michelena, 3B: 1-for-2, BB
- Gabriel Valdez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Ronel Blanco, RHP: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Howie Brey, LHP: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (12-10) CANCELLED
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Edison Frias (5.59 ERA)
CC: Dean Deetz (0.66 ERA)
BC: Alex Winkelman (3.00 ERA)