AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (10-13) won 6-2 (BOX SCORE)
Trent Thornton made his Triple-A debut last night and helped get Fresno back on track. He went 6 innings allowing just 1 run. Fresno scored first getting an RBI single from Derek Fisher in the first inning. The game would stay tied all the way until the 8th inning thanks to solid relief performances from Jankowski and Comer. In the 8th the Grizzlies scratched across 4 runs with a run scoring on an error, a 2 run single from Stassi and an RBI single from Reed. In the 9th inning, Jon Kemmer connected on a solo HR, his first of the season and 5th hit of the night.
Note: Kemmer is hitting .340 in 10 games. Moran has 12 BB/11 K in 21 games this season.
- Jon Kemmer, LF: 5-for-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI, SB
- Derek Fisher, CF: 1-for-5, R, RBI, SB
- Colin Moran, 1B: 0-for-2, R, 3 BB
- A.J. Reed, DH: 1-for-4, RBI, BB
- Tyler White, 3B: 2-for-5, 2 R, SB
- Max Stassi, C: 4-for-5, 2 RBI
- Trent Thornton, RHP: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Jordan Jankowski, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (WIN)
- Kevin Comer, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (13-9) won 8-2 (BOX SCORE)
Nice win for the Hooks. Akeem Bostick made his Double-A debut last night and pitched well going 5 innings allowing just 2 runs (2 solo homers). The Hooks got 4 runs in the 3rd inning on a 2 run double from Singleton, RBI single from Davis and a Stubbs RBI double. In the 6th inning, Garrett Stubbs connected on a solo HR, his 1st HR of the season. The Hooks weren't done yet. In the 8th inning, Nunez, Hyde, and Ferguson hit back-to-back-to-back homeruns to make it 8-2. Smith pitched the final 4 innings allowing just 2 hits and no runs.
Note: Stubbs is hitting .324 with 2 2B, HR, 3 RBI, 4 BB/3 SO in 10 games this season.
- Drew Ferguson, RF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI, BB
- Jake Marisnick, DH: 2-for-5, R, 2B
- Jon Singleton, 1B: 2-for-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Garrett Stubbs, C: 2-for-3, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- Mott Hyde, 2B: 2-for-3, R, HR, RBI
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 2-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Akeem Bostick, RHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (WIN)
- Kyle Smith, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (16-7) won 3-0 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek has been fantastic this season. Elieser Hernandez got the start last night and had his second straight strong outing tossing 5 scoreless innings with 4 strikeouts. The Astros got on the board in the first inning on a Martin RBI single. Hector Perez, making his High-A debut, relieved Hernandez and was great. He tossed 3 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts. Tucker added the insurance with a 2 run triple in the bottom of the 8th. Nick Hernandez pitched a perfect 9th with 2 strikeouts picking up the save. Straw added 3 hits and 2 stolen bases.
Note: Tucker has 23 RBI in 22 games. Straw has a ..307 BA and .388 OBP this season.
- Myles Straw, CF: 3-for-4, R, 2 SB
- Jason Martin, DH: 1-for-3, R, RBI, BB
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 1-for-3, 3B, 2 RBI, BB
- Johnny Sewald, RF: 1-for-4, R
- Elieser Hernandez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K (WIN)
- Hector Perez, RHP: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- Nick Hernandez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (SAVE)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (12-10) POSTPONED
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Mike Hauschild (-.-- ERA)
CC: Kent Emanuel (8.59 ERA)
BC: Gabriel Valdez (9.00 ERA)
QC: Game 1 - Enoli Paredes (3.52 ERA); Game 2 - TBD