AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (9-13) lost 8-7 (BOX SCORE)
Fresno's struggles continue. Martinez made another start last night allowing 5 runs, 4 earned over 6 innings. His ERA is now at 6.65 in 21.2 innings. Fisher got the scoring started for Fresno with a solo HR in the 7th, his 5th HR of the season. They got two more in the 8th on a Tucker sac fly and another run scoring on a wild pitch. Diaz had a perfect inning in relief striking out the side in the 8th. Fresno made it interesting in the 9th. Kemmer had an RBI double to make it 8-4. With the based loaded and 2 outs, Fisher reached on an error scoring 3 runs to make it 8-7. Unfortunately, Tucker grounded out with the tying run on 3rd to end the game.
Note: Tucker is now hitting .378 with 14 RBI in 19 games
- Derek Fisher, CF: 2-for-6, R, HR, RBI
- Preston Tucker, DH: 2-for-5, RBI
- A.J. Reed, 1B: 3-for-3, 2B, 2 BB
- Reid Brignac, SS: 2-for-4, BB
- Tyler White, 2B: 1-for-4, R
- Jon Kemmer, LF: 2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Max Stassi, C: 1-for-4, 2 R
- Andrew Aplin, RF: 0-for-3, R, 2 BB
- David Martinez, RHP: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Tyson Perez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Dayan Diaz, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (12-9) lost 8-6 (BOX SCORE)
Rough loss late for the Hooks. Corpus got off to a nice start with a 2 run triple from Garcia in the 1st inning. Sneed got the start last night and allowed 2 runs over 5 innings. Laureano gave the Hooks the lead in the 4th on a Laureano 2 run single. Int he 6th they got 2 more runs on a 2 run triple from Laureano, giving him 4 RBI on the night. Dykxhoorn struck out 6 in relief in 3 innings allowing 2 runs. The Hooks went into the 9th inning up 6-4 putting in the closer Ferrell. Unfortunately, it wasn't Ferrell's night as he blew the save allowing 4 runs in the 9th. The Hooks went down in order in the bottom of the inning and fell 8-6.
Note: Despite hitting just .222, Laureano now has 14 RBI in 20 games.
- Ramon Laureano, RF: 2-for-5, 3B, 4 RBI
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Garrett Stubbs, DH: 1-for-4, R, BB
- Alejandro Garcia, CF: 1-for-5, 3B, 2 RBI
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 3-for-3, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Bryan Muniz, 1B: 2-for-4, R
- Antonio Nunez, 2B: 0-for-2, R, BB
- Cy Sneed, RHP: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- Brock Dykxhoorn, RHP: 3.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
- Riley Ferrell, RHP: 1.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (15-7) won 2-1 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek continues to dominate. Valdez started last night and had his best outing of the season tossing 5 shutout innings. The Astros were shutout until 7th where Sierra came through with a clutch 2 run single to give BC the lead. Quiala relieved Valdez and allowed 1 run over his 4 innings of work to close it out.
Note: Valdez has a 2.04 ERA and 21 K in 17.2 innings this season.
- Kyle Tucker, LF: 0-for-2, BB, R
- Dexture McCall, 1B: 1-for-3, R
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-3, RBI
- Johnny Sewald, DH: 2-for-4, SB
- Framber Valdez, LHP: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Yoanys Quiala, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (WIN)
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (12-10) won 19-2 (BOX SCORE)
Monster game for the Quad Cities offense, but let's start with the pitching. Whitley had his first outing since April 11th, and he dominated in his limited action. He pitched three scoreless innings with 0 BB/7 K. In the 3rd inning he struck out the side with all three strikeouts coming via the curveball (2 looking, 1 swinging). The offense wasted no time getting Whitley a lead scoring 3 runs in the 2nd on a Cameron 3 run HR, his 4th HR of the season. They would explode in the third with 10 runs thanks to a Robinson RBI double, Cameron RBI single, Jones 2 run double, Dawson RBI single, Cesar RBI single, another Robinson RBI double, and sac flies from Johnson and Cameron. In the 5th inning they got 4 more runs on a Cameron 2 run triple, Jones RBI single and an RBI double from Almonte. Alcala was great in relief allowing 1 run over 4 innings with 5 strikeouts.
Note: Cameron has 4 2B, 2 3B, 4 HR, 17 RBI in 20 games this season.
- Ronnie Dawson, RF: 1-for-6, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Stephen Wrenn, LF: 2-for-5, 2 R, BB
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 3-for-6, 2 R, 2 2B, 3 RBI
- Spencer Johnson, DH: 2-for-4, 3 R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- Daz Cameron, CF: 3-for-5, 3 R, 3B, HR, 7 RBI
- Taylor Jones, 1B: 3-for-6, 2 R, 2B, 3 RBI
- Marcos Almonte, 2B: 4-for-5, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- Forrest Whitley, RHP: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Reggie Johnson, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
CC: Akeem Bostick (-.-- ERA)
BC: Elieser Hernandez (7.04 ERA)
QC: Enoli Paredes (3.52 ERA)