Another day of baseball in the books. See how the teams and prospects performed in their games last night.
AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (9-9) won 5-2 (BOX SCORE)
Martinez was on the bump for the Grizzlies yesterday. He hasn't been very good this season owning a 6.89 ERA. While he allowed 10 hits in 5.1 innings, he limited the damage to just 2 runs. Fresno got on the board in the first inning on an RBI single from Moran and an RBI groundout from Fisher. The game would stay tied at 2 until Moran unloaded a 3 run HR in the bottom of the 6th, his 2nd HR of the season. The bullpen was very good with Tolliver, Guduan, and Jankoswki all having scoreless outings.
Note: Moran has 2 HR, 12 RBI in 17 games this year.
- Teoscar Hernandez, RF: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- A.J. Reed, 1B: 0-for-3, R, BB
- Colin Moran, 3B: 2-for-3, R, HR, 4 RBI, BB
- Derek Fisher, LF: 0-for-4, RBI
- Tyler White, DH: 0-for-2, 2 R, 2 BB
- Max Stassi, C: 1-for-3
- Andrew Aplin, CF: 1-for-3
- David Martinez, RHP: 5.1 IP, 10 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Ashur Tolliver, LHP: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (WIN)
- Aaron West, RHP: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- Reymin Guduan, LHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Jordan Jankowski, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (SAVE)
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (10-6) lost 5-3 (BOX SCORE)
The Hooks dropped another one yesterday. Thornton got the start and allowed 5 runs, 4 earned runs over 4.1 innings of work. Corpus was being shutout until the 8th when they put together a little 3 run rally with an RBI hit by pitch from Laureano and a 2 run single from Ferguson. That is all they would get though. On the bright side, Thompson and Freeman both has scoreless outings in relief. Stubbs also made his return going 1-for-4 with a run scored.
Note: After a slow start, Ferguson is up to .286 with 9 RBI in 16 games.
- Ramon Laureano, PH: 0-for-0, RBI
- Drew Ferguson, CF: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Garrett Stubbs, DH: 1-for-4, R
- Trent Woodward, C: 0-for-1, R, 2 BB
- Trent Thornton, RHP: 4.1 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Michael Freeman, LHP: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- Ryan Thompson, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
A+: Buies Creek Astros (12-6) lost 6-1 (BOX SCORE)
Buies Creek got a solid start but couldn't get much going with the bats. Hernandez was on the mound and pitched well striking out 9 over 5 innings of work. Buies Creek got on the board first getting a run in the 3rd when Sierra tripled and scored on a Martin groundout. Deemes and Sierra both allowed 2 runs in relief and the offense was shutdown collecting just 4 hits during the game.
Note: Duarte is hitting .324 with 5 RBI over his last 10 games.
- Jason Martin, RF: 0-for-4, RBI
- Kyle Tucker, CF: 1-for-4
- Pat Porters, DH: 1-for-4
- Osvaldo Duarte, 3B: 1-for-3
- Anibal Sierra, SS: 1-for-2, R, 3B, BB
- Elieser Hernandez, RHP: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
- Ryan Deemes, RHP: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (9-8) lost 5-4 (BOX SCORE)
Tough loss late for Quad Cities. Alcala got the start in this one and was very good going 6 innings allowing just 2 runs with 8 strikeouts. The two runs he allowed were both in the 2nd inning. Over his last four innings he allowed just 1 walk and struck out 6. After falling behind 2-0, Quad Cities bounced back with 3 runs in the 2nd inning on a 3 run double from Jones. Dawson added some insurance with a solo HR in 6th inning. Unfortunately, Pinales and Velazquez allowed 3 runs over the final two innings and the River Bandits lost the lead and the game.
Note: Dawson is hitting .333 with 2 HR, 5 RBI during his current 8 game hit streak.
- Alex DeGoti, 1B: 1-for-4, BB
- Jake Rogers, C: 1-for-4, BB
- Ronnie Dawson, LF: 3-for-3, R, HR, RBI, BB, SB
- Taylor Jones, DH: 2-for-4, 2B, 3 RBI
- Jorge Alcala, RHP: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
- Erasmo Pinales, RHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Derick Velazquez, RHP: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Keegan Yuhl (9.24 ERA)
QC: Hector Perez (2.63 ERA)