A huge night from Tucker and some strong pitching performances across the minors. See how the teams and prospects performed in their games last night.
AAA: Fresno Grizzlies (5-5) lost 6-5 (BOX SCORE)
Fresno jumped out to a 2-0 lead last night on a Teoscar 2 run HR in the 2nd inning, his 3rd HR of the season. Holmes was on the mound for the Grizzlies and gave the lead right back as he allowed three runs in the 2nd. He finished going 4 innings allowing 3 runs with 4 walks. Fresno retook the lead in the 7th on a Tucker 2 run double, but Salt Lake immediately regained the lead with 2 of their own in the bottom of the inning. Moran lead off the 9th inning with a solo HR to tie the game at 5. The game went into extras and Salt Lake won it on a walk-off walk in the 10th.
Note: Reed has 10 BB/10 SO in 10 games this season.
- Tyler White, 3B: 2-for-5
- AJ Reed, 1B: 0-for-2, R, 2 BB
- Teoscar Hernandez, RF: 1-for-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Colin Moran, LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, RBI
- Preston Tucker, DH: 1-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Reid Brignac, SS: 1-for-3, R, BB
- Brian Holmes, LHP: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- Kevin Comer, RHP: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Ashur Tolliver, LHP: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- James Hoyt, RHP: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Jordan Jankowski, RHP: 0.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
AA: Corpus Christi Hooks (6-3) won 5-0 (BOX SCORE)
Armenteros was on the mound for the Hooks last night and again he was dominant. He tossed five shutout innings allowing just 2 hits while recording 8 strikeouts. The Hooks got on the board in the 3rd inning when Laureano connected on a 3 run HR, his first HR of the season. In the 5th inning, Davis added to the lead with an RBI single scoring Ferguson. James came in to relieve Armenteros and was just as dominant. James pitched four scoreless innings allowing just 1 hit to close it out. Davis added a solo HR, his first of the season, in the bottom of the 8th.
Note: In two starts this year, Armenteros has gone 10.2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 18 K
- Drew Ferguson, RF: 1-for-2, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Ramon Laureano, CF: 1-for-3, R, HR, 3 RBI
- J.D. Davis, 3B: 2-for-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Jamie Ritchie, C: 1-for-3, BB
- Antonio Nunez, SS: 2-for-3, R, 2B
- Rogelio Armenteros, RHP: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K (WIN)
- Joshua James, RHP: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (SAVE)
A+: Buies Creek Astros (8-2) won 13-6 (BOX SCORE)
Huge game for Buies Creek. Tucker got the scoring going in the first with an RBI double, and he was only getting started. In the 2nd inning, with the bases loaded, Tucker delivered a 3 run double. Birk and Hermelyn both followed with RBI doubles to make it 8-0. In the 3rd inning, with two guys on, Tucker connected on a 3 run HR, his 2nd HR of the season. Quiala got the start tossing 6 shutout innings as the offense made it easy for him. BC got another run in the 6th when Birk tripled and scored on a Hermelyn single. Winston-Salem put up some runs on the bullpen but Tucker's 7 RBI performance was more then enough.
Note: Tucker is now hitting .343 with 5 2B, 2 HR, 11 RBI in 9 games.
- Jason Martin, CF: 2-for-5, 3 R, BB
- Myles Straw, LF: 0-for-4, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB
- Kyle Tucker, RF: 4-for-5, 3 R, 2 2B, HR, 7 RBI, SB
- Dexture McCall, 1B: 1-for-5, RBI
- Ryne Birk, 2B: 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B, 3B, RBI
- Anthony Hermelyn, DH: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Arturo Michelena, 2B: 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B
- Yoanys Quiala, RHP: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 K (WIN)
- Devon Carr, RHP: 1.0 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Sebastian Kessay, LHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Andrew Thome, RHP: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
A: Quad Cities River Bandits (4-6) lost 8-4 (BOX SCORE)
This game got away from the River Bandits quick. Sandoval got the start and allowed 5 runs in the first 2 innings. Quad Cities was being shutout until Ayarza connected on a solo HR in the 6th. Kane County added three more runs making it 8-1. Quad Cities battled a bit getting three runs in the 9th on a Ayarza solo HR, Cameron RBI triple, and DeGoti RBI single but it wasn't enough to overcome the early deficit.
Note: Sierra has a 2.57 ERA with 8 K in 7 IP this season.
- Daz Cameron, CF: 1-for-4, R, 3B, RBI
- Ronnie Dawson, LF: 1-for-4, R
- Jake Rogers, C: 1-for-4
- Randy Cesar, 3B: 1-for-4
- Alex DeGoti, DH: 1-for-4, RBI
- Carmen Benedetti, RF: 1-for-3
- Rodrigo Ayarza, 2B: 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Edgardo Sandoval, RHP: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Carlos Sierra, RHP: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Reggie Johnson, RHP: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Today’s starters according to MiLB.com:
FRE: Francis Martes (0.00 ERA)
CC: Brock Dykxhoorn (4.50 ERA)
BC: Framber Valdez (0.00 ERA)