It's the third and final day of the draft.
With the new rules of the draft, the third day may actually have a little more excitement since there is likely to be a few high end high school prospects drafted at some point. But, that will be balanced out by several players drafted as roster fillers for the short-season leagues.
I would expect a sign ability risk to be selected fairly early today as the Astros are unlikely to know just how much room they'll have under their cap. They will likely grab a guy that they have a decent idea of how much it will take to sign him and feel there's a possibility they have enough room to sign him.
Similar to Hunter Virant in 2012 and Devonte German in 2013.
The draft starts at 11 AM CST on mlb.com. It will be straight conference call without any analysis as in days one and two.
Day Three picks
- Round 11: Patrick Sandoval, LHP, Mission Viejo High School (California)
- Round 12: Myles Straw, RHB - CF, St. Johns River State College (Florida)
- Round 13: Kevin McCanna, RHP, Rice University (Texas)
- Round 14: Johnny Sewald, LHB - CF, Arizona State University (Arizona)
- Round 15: Pat Porter, LHB - RF, Ohio State University (Ohio)
- Round 16: Adam Whitt, RHP, University of Nevada, Reno (Nevada)
- Round 17: Justin Garcia, LHB - LF, Nova Southeastern University (Florida)
- Round 18: Kevin Martir, RHB - C, University of Maryland, College Park (Maryland)
- Round 19: Andrew Ferguson, RHB - CF, Belmont University (Tennessee)
- Round 20: Makay Nelson, RHP, College of Southern Idaho (Idaho)
- Round 21 Alex Winkelman, LHP, Southeast Missouri State (Missouri)
- Round 22 Cole Sands, RHP, North Florida Christian High School (Florida)
- Round 23 Matt Bower, LHP, Washington State University (Washington)
- Round 24 Chris Murphy, RHP, Millersville University (Pennsylvania)
- Round 25 Jorge Martinez, C, Carlos Beltran Baseball Academy (Puerto Rico)
- Round 26 Ralph Garza, RHP, University of Oklahoma (Oklahoma)
- Round 27 James Carter, RHP, University of California-Santa Barbara (California)
- Round 28 Zac Grotz, RHP, Embry-Riddle University (Florida)
- Round 29 Brooks Marlow, 2B, University of Texas (Texas)
- Round 30 Bobby Wernes, 3B, University of Arkansas (Arkansas)
- Round 31 Keach Ballard, SS, Oklahoma Baptist University (Oklahoma)
- Round 32 Aaron Mizell, OF, Georgia Southern University (Georgia)
- Round 33 Kolbey Carpenter, 2B, University of Oklahoma (Oklahoma)
- Round 34 Conor Biggio, OF, University of Notre Dame (Indiana)
- Round 35 Kody Clemens, SS, Memorial High School (Texas)
- Round 36 Ryan Deemes, RHP, Nicholls State University (Louisiana)
- Round 37 Luken Baker, RHP, Oak Ridge High School (Texas)
- Round 38 Nick Rivera, 1B, Florida Gulf Coast University (Florida)