Fresno Drop 2-1 Pitching Duel
Tommy Shirley tossed a very good game overall but the bullpen couldn't hold it. Samuel Deduno, who's on a rehab assignment, allowed four walks in his one inning for Fresno and Jordan Jankowski surrendered another run in his second inning of work. That run was a walk-off.
Offensively, Matty D belted his third home run of the season which is kind of like shinning the rims of an old beater car.
- Tommy Shirley-6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 4 SO, 7/2 GO/AO, 90/50 P/S, 67 Game Score
- Samuel Deduno-1 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 2 SO
- Jordan Jankowski-1 1/3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO
- Carlos Correa SS-0-4, SO-SSS DONT PANIC
- Matt Dominguez 3B-1-2, HR, SO
Devenski/Hader Comine for 5 1/3 Inning No-Hitter
These rains giveth and taketh away. The rain just isn't in Texas. Arkansas is getting a lot of it as well, it's just not flooding like it is in Texas. But, that rain ended a Hooks game in Little Rock after one out was recorded in the bottom of the fifth. Josh Hader had faced just two batters after coming in as the tandem starter. The Travelers hadn't picked up a hit so that gives Devenski and Hader the first no-hitter in Hooks history.
- Chris Devenski-5 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 SO, 2/7 GO/AO, 57/40 P/S, 70 Game Score
- Josh Hader-1/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 SO
- Tony Kemp 2B-2-3, 2B, SB
- Leo Heras LF-2-2, 2B, SB
Mitchell Homers In Top of 11th To Pull JetHawks Ahead
Another game of extras for the JetHawks. This time Ronnie Mitchell was able to launch his fourth home run of the season in the top of the 11th to put Lancaster up. Tyler Brunnemann held down the bottom of the 11th to get the win.
Troy Scribner pitched a very unusual game. He limited hits to just one but allowed an uncharacteristic five walks. His walk-rate has increased significantly this year, up about 1.5 BB/9.
- Troy Scribner-4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 5 BB, 1 SO, 4/5 GO/AO, 80/42 P/S, 56 Game Score
- Zach Morton-2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 SO
- Reymin Guduan-2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 SO
- Frederick Tiburcio-1 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO
- Tyler Brunnemann-2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 SO
- Brett Phillips CF-2-6, 2B, HR, 2 SO-8th HR on the season
- James Ramsay RF-2-5
- A.J. Reed 1B-0-3, 2 BB, SO
- Jack Mayfield SS-2-5, SO
- Ronnie Mitchell LF-1-2, HR, 3 BB, CS
- Chase McDonald DH-1-4, HR, BB, 2 SO
9th Inning "Rally" Not Enough for QC's 3-1 Loss
The River Bandits were able to finally get on the board in the 9th but it couldn't cover the three runs that starter Joshua James surrendered. The offense is going to have to find a new spark plug as Derek Fisher is now in Lancaster. Jacob Nottingham didn't have a great game as the new offensive stud as he picked up three strikeouts. But, that doesn't tarnish his breakout season by any means as he's hitting .333/.396/.590.
QC also unveiled a new reliever in Christian Powell. Powell is no stranger to the MWL as he's been in the league for the last two seasons with the Twins organization. He was an 8th round pick in 2012. He can run is fastball into the mid-90's and flashes an above-average breaking ball. He's a big guy at 6'4", 230, but has had significant issues with walks. At 23, there's very little time for him to put it together, but the raw stuff is there.
- Joshua James-5 1/3 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO, 9/3 GO/AO, 76/51 P/S, 45 Game Score
- Christian Powell-1 2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO
- Ryan Thompson-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 SO
- Mott Hyde SS-2-4, 2B
- Jacob Nottingham C-1-4, 3 SO
- Kristian Trompiz 2B-2-4, 2B, SO