It may have been a beautiful Spring Day in Corpus Christi, but no one could tell from the online feed from tonight's Astros and Hooks game. The centerfield camera looked like it had been whipped down with an oil rage. It may have helped mask the outing from Mike Hauschild who started for the Hooks and gave up five runs through three innings. The Astros and Hooks were still able to showcase their talents:
- Jose Altuve was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Luis Valbuena was 2-for-2 with a double and an RBI.
- Jed Lowrie with 1-for-2 with a double and 2 RBIs.
- Hank Conger was 2-for-4 with a double and 2 RBIs.
- Roberto Hernandez allowed two runs through 6.2 innings with seven strikeouts.
- Will Harris pitched 1.1 scoreless innings, striking out 4.
- Teoscar Hernandez reached an infield single, and score on a Collin Moran single in the first. Herandez shows excellent speed.
- Telvin Nash was 2-for-4 with a home run and double.
- Carlos Correa was 2-for-4 with a home run and a double.
- Mitch Lambson pitched 3 scoreless innings, strike out 4.
- Travis Ballew allowed zero runs over 1.1 innings and struck out one.
- Joe Sclafani went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Marwin Gonzalez was 0-for-3.
- Jake Marisnick went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Darin Downs allowed two runs over 1 inning.
- Leo Heras went 0-4 with a 3 strikeouts.
- Mike Hauschild allowed 5 runs on 5 hits, 2 walks over 3 innings.
- Daniel Minor allowed two runs over 1.2 innings.