Wednesday marked the end of the Astros' time in sunny Florida. Houston finished play in the Grapefruit League with a record of 12-10-4. The Astros tied for the Pirates for fewest number of loses with 10, for what that's worth.
Astros 8, Braves 5
- The Astros had seven extra-base hits in the game, five doubles and two home runs.
- Jose Altuve went 3-for-4 with a double and runs scored.
- Colby Rasmus was 2-for-5 with a home run, double, and three RBIs.
- Jed Lowrie was 2-for-2 with a home run.
- Asher Wojciechowski allowed one earned run through 4.1 innings, sthriking out three and walking one.
- Samuel Deduno and James Hoyt combined for 4 scoreless innings.
- A Jon Singleton fielding error lead to three unearned runs.
- Chris Carter was 0-2 with two strikeouts.
Astros 3, Tigers, 2
- Evan Gattis was 2-for-3 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Jonathan Villar was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Jake Marisnick was 2-for-4 with a double.
- George Springer was 1-for-3 with a double.
- Dallas Keuchel pitched 5.2 innings, allowing one earned run and five strikeouts.
- Chad Qualls, Gonzalo Sanudo, and Pat Neshek combined for 2.1 scoreless innings.
- Chris Carter went 0-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Jason Castro 0-for-3 with two strikeouts and a walk.
- Colin Moran was 0-for-2 with two strikeouts.
The Astros play the Corpus Christi Hooks on Thursday at 6:05 PM CT.