Hello fans of a tequila sunrise, the Eighth Wonder of the World, the Ryan Express, Killer
We at The Crawfish Boxes would like to extend you a warm welcome and a hearty howdy (this is Texas after all). We're glad you're along for this crazy ride.
With the Astros' first Spring Training game just around the corner, it seems like no better time to reintroduce ourselves. We'll have more this week, but to start, let's talk about how to follow The Crawfish Boxes on social media.
Managing Editor: David Coleman (@MDavidColeman)
Editors: Anthony Boyer (@AnthonyBoyerTCB), Timothy De Block (@TimothyDeBlock), Ryan Dunsmore (@d_more55), TidewaterAstros (@MatthewHallKDM), clack, Subber10 (@subber10), CRPerry13 (@CRPerry13), illinibob (@rcarr55TCB)
Staff Writers: Will Eifert (@woeifert), Idrees Tily (@IdreesTily), Dave Spradley, Trace Levos (@tracelevos), erniebreakfast (@erniebreakfast), Irish Pete (@SethDrennan), Alex Goodwin (@alwaysagoodwin), Timmy Kennedy (@tckennedy_), Curtis Leister, AstrosAndy, pmattern77 (@pmattern7), kyuss94 (@spencer_711), TRosser92 (@trosser92), jsams (@astrosjordan), Terri Schlather (@AGirlintheSouth), Brian Stevenson (@Ashitaka1110), mstuart33, jamesvanawesome
Contributors: Rory Dumas (@roryd883), native_astro (@native_Astro), conroestro (@Conroestro), KelShannon19 (@kel_shannon19), Presidente Camacho
The Crawfish Boxes
1) Before you hit post, think to yourself: would I say this around the water cooler at work? If you can't answer that question in the affirmative, think of a better way to express want you want to express (i.e.
a) WRITING YOUR OPINION IN CAPS generally negatively correlates to the strength of the argument.
b) 1a does not apply to shouting during game threads for celebratory purposes or lamenting
2) Our comments section
a) Please point out the Front Page
3) Have an opinion, disagree with others opinions, but be civil in both endeavors. There's nothing wrong with being wrong, and in most instances wrong is a
4) Game Threads are a time to let our passions run wild and live in the moment of the game, every so often a four letter word might be the appropriate means of expressing how we feel, but excessive swearing is unnecessary. We're not puritanical, just aware that the comments in Game Threads will appear on Yahoo!
5) Racial slurs, jibes at sexual orientation, and any other comment that would be construed as "hate based" will not be accepted
6) A Fan Post is 75+ words that form a cogent thought. Also, try and use descriptive titles for your fan post, it increases the likelihood that others will click the link and read your work.
7) Our comments are threaded. This means you can and should reply directly to the comment of someone by clicking "reply" if you want to respond to something they said. This way we can easily follow the logical progression of the conversation and better engage each other. It takes a time or two to pick up on, so no worries if you forget the first few times (I know I did).
8) Follow Wheaton's Law. Also, try not to troll people on purpose.
The Suggestion Box
Any questions, comments, or suggestions should be directed to TCBAstros@gmail.com.
Follow the show on:
Fanposts and Fanshots
Fanposts and Fanshots are tools to communicate with TCB and Astros fans alike. Use these tools to cover a subject we failed to, and voice your opinion. We always promote the best posts.
Again, Welcome to TCB
I hope you are as excited for the start of Astros baseball as we are. Get right into the site, we're here
As a matter of fact, please feel free to use this comment section to introduce/reintroduce yourself.