The Astros heading to Clearwater, FL to face the Phillies. Asher Wojciechowski took the mound looking to build on his case for the final spot in the Astros rotation. Wojo took on step closer to that goal, holding the Phillies to one run in Houston's 7-1 win on.
- Asher Wojciechowski allowed one run on four hits through 4.2 innings, striking out four batters. Wojo also drove in a run with a sac fly.
- Joe Thatcher, Samuel Deduno, Tommy Shirley, and Will Harris combined for 4.1 scoreless innings. The Astros bullpen hasn't allowed a run in their last 12.1 innings.
- Houston's offense accounted for 17 hits in the game, led by Evan Gattis, Carlos Correa, and Hank Conger - each had two hits in the game.
- Correa hit a double and collected an RBI in the second. Correa and Conger hit back-to-back home runs in the fourth inning.
- Alex Presley and L.J. played add-on in the sixth, driving in three with a double and single.
- Jonathan Villar made a great diving catch in centerfield.
- Jon Singleton went 0-4 with a strike out on Wednesday. Since March 15, Jon Singleton is batting .087 (2/23) with 11 strikeouts.
- Jon Villar took out Robbie Grossman as he slid to make a catch in the fourth. Grossman and Villar each had minor injures from the play. The Houston Chronicle's Evan Drellich made a great point that it would have been a red card for sure in a Dynamo game.