"There is always next year", a phrase used often around baseball team. It's been the status quo for the Astros for a while now. But, Houston fans have genuine level of excitement about the 2015 season. With today's news from Major League Baseball, fans can begin to picture that bright future in 2015 with the release of next year's schedule. Hitting on some highlights:
- Opening day will start a week later on April 6, as a result the regular season will end in the first week of October. The Astros open the season with three games against the Cleveland Indians. Look on the bright side, the Astros are guaranteed to be playing baseball in October.
- Speaking of the end of the season, the Astros will finish the 2015 season in a National League park for the second-straight year - playing three games against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The Astros' first road trip of the season is a short drive north to Arlington for the Rangers home opener on April 10.
- Houston will celebrate Jackie Robinson Day at home against the Athletics on April 15.
- Hunter Pence and the Giants come to town for a two-game series on May 12-13. The Dodgers will head to Houston on August 21-23.
- The Astros and Rockies will play another home and home series, starting with two game in Houston June 15-16 and finishing in Colorado on June 17-18.
- The Derek Jeter-less Yankees come to Houston on June 25 through 27, and the Red Sox arrive a month later on July 21-23.
- The Astros will have a 10-game roadstrip without a off day before the All-Star break, the All-Star will be played this year in Cincinnati on July 14.
- The Astros will play 24 games with the American League West in the Month of September.
The full schedule can be viewed here.