AAA: Round Rock rolls over OKC, 8-2
Domingo Santana knocked home two runs for OKC in the first inning against the express. They wouldn't score thereafter, and unfortunately Round Rock would.
Alex White had a rough night on the hill, allowing four runs on six hits, including a homerun, over only an inning and some change. His relief didn't fare much better, as Rodriguez, De Leon and Urckfitz gave up at least a run each. The result was a 13 hit, eight run beating on the road.
The Redhawks loss wasn't for lack of hits. OKC ended up with nine hits, but unfortunately went 1-5 with RISP on the night. Domingo Santana had two hits on the night, and Joe Sclafani contributed three hits of his own. Sclafani has batted 10 for 26 over his last 10.
- Jonathan Villar, SS: 1-4, R, 2SO
- Joe Sclafani, 2B: 3-4, R, SO
- Ronald Torreyes, CF: 1-3
- Domingo Santana, RF: 2-4, 2B, 2RBI, SO
- Jiovanni Mier, 3B: 1-4
- Alex White, P (L, 1-4): 1.2 IP, 6H, 4R, 4ER, HR
- Richard Rodriguez, P: 2.1 IP, 2H, 2R, 2ER
- Jorge De Leon, P: 2.2 IP, 3H, R, ER, BB, K
- Pat Urckfitz, P: 1.1 IP, 2H, R, ER, K
AA: Midland defeats Hooks, 6-1
Corpus Christi could muster only three hits and a run, which turned out to be not quite enough for a win.
It was certainly a tough night at the dish for the Hooks. Nate Long was hard to solve, allowing only one. That run came on an Andrew Aplin double after a gift from the Rockhounds put Delino on base.
Midland, on the other hand, brought the lumber. Mike Hauschild earned his seventh loss of the season, giving up five runs over 4.1 innings.
- Andrew Aplin, CF: 1-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- Leo Heras, RF: 2-3, SO
- Mike Hauschild, P (L, 2-7): 4.1 IP, 5H, 5R, 5ER, 3BB, 4K
- Jordan Jankowski, P: 3.2 IP, 2H, R, ER, BB, 3K, HR
A+: Big eighth inning pushes Lancaster over Lake Elsinore
There were hits aplenty for both teams on Thursday night in Lancaster. But the JetHawks put up six runs in the eighth inning to earn a win.
No lack of offense here. Every batter in the Lancaster lineup joined in on the hit-fest on Thursday night. Notable performances include Ronnie Mitchell, who hit two homers and picked up another hit for 5 RBIs on the night. Talk about exploding onto the scene. Roberto Pena and Jon Kemmer also went long and picked up 2 RBIs each.
Yet the JetHawks weren't the only ones hitting well. Lake Elsinore put up eight runs on Lance McCullers over five innings on twelve hits including three homeruns. Daniel Minor earned the win on one scoreless inning.
- Chan Moon, SS: 1-4, R, 2RBI, BB, SO
- Teoscar Hernandez, CF: 3-5, R, 2 2B, SO
- Rio Ruiz, 3B: 2-4, 2R, 2 2B, 2RBI, BB
- Roberto Pena, C: 1-5, R, HR, 2RBI
- Jon Kemmer, DH: 3-5, 3R, 2B, HR, 2RBI, SO
- Tyler White, 1B: 1-4, R, 2B, BB, 2SO
- Ronnie Mitchell, LF: 3-3, 3R, 2B, 2HR, 5RBI, 2BB
- Lance McCullers, P: 5.0 IP, 12H, 8R, 8ER, 3BB, 2K, 3HR
- Zach Morton, P: 2.0 IP, 2H, R, ER, K
- Daniel Minor, P (W, 8-3): 1.0 IP, H
A-: River Bandits fall to Clinton, 13-9
Quad Cities scored nine runs on twelve hits on Thursday night, but the LumberKings put just a few more across the plate.
Offense for Quad Cities was led by third basemen Marc Wik, who knocked in four RBIs with a Midwest League record three triples on the night. James Ramsay went 2-4 with a double, triple and RBI.
Unfortunately for the River Bandits, the LumberKings had just a bit more success at the plate. Michael Feliz earned his fourth loss of the season, giving up eight runs on ten hits. Minnis and Tiburcio combined to allow five more runs, resulting in a 13-9 loss for Quad Cities at home.
- Brett Phillips, RF: 1-4, 2B, RBI, BB, SO
- James Ramsay, CF: 2-4, R, 2B, 3B, RBI
- Chase McDonald, 1B: 1-5, 2B, RBI, SO
- A.J. Reed, DH: 1-4, 2R, 2B, SO
- Brian Holberton, C: 2-5, 2R, RBI
- Marc Wik, 3B: 3-5, R, 3 3B, 4RBI
- Thomas Lindauer, SS: 2-3, 2R, RBI, BB, SO
- Michael Feliz, P (L, 6-4): 4.1 IP, 10H, 8R, 8ER, 4BB, 3K
- Albert Minnis, P: 1.2 IP, 4H, 3R, 4ER, 2BB, 3K, HR
- Frederick Tiburcio, P: 3.0 IP, 4H, 2R, 2ER, BB, 3K, HR