Tournament voting rules, methodology and schedule
Round 2 is in the books. Here is the bracket for the next round which starts today and runs through the weekend:
Round 2 Notes
- The first big upset occurred, with Max Stassi taking down Carlos Correa (the bracket is messed up). Stassi finished with 449 votes, most in the round and Correa finished with the second most votes of the round with 248 votes. Stassi now takes on Mark Appel, which I expect him to win.
- The closest matchup went to to Scott Feldman and Dallas Kuechel. Keuchel beat out Feldman by eight votes and advances to the next round where he'll take on LJ Hoes.
- Watch for Danry Vasquez to make a deep run into the tournament. He beat Jon Singleton pretty handily with a 241-153 vote. George Springer is his next matchup.
- Jason Castro won the anagram battle against Cosart, 162-109.
Sweet 16 Interesting Matchups
- Jose Altuve vs Jason Castro, now we'll get to see who truly is the face of the franchise.
- As mentioned above Danry Vasquez takes on George Springer, what's interesting about the matchup is Springer got 251 votes and Vasquez got 241. Springer won his vote pretty handily, with over 90% of the vote total.
- Aaron West vs Mike Foltynewicz, both have strong support for this tournament.
- Same thing with Asher Wojciechowski and Lance McCullers.