Good new. Bad News.
Bad News: Tri-City lost game three of the NYPL Championship Series and are now headed home. Despite that being bad news since their season is over and they didn't bring home a trophy, you can't really call it a bad year. This was a phenomenal team that put together a phenomenal season. There's no other way to put it. These guys came out and just dominated early and kept their momentum going for a long time. They broke records even. This team goes down with the most wins in ValleyCats history, so they can't hang their heads. They accomplished a lot, and congrats to them.
Good News: Lancaster won game one of their five game California League Championship Series! They took the lead in the third inning and never looked back. David Martinez pitched well enough for the Cal league with four runs allowed in six innings but the bullpen shut it down to finish the game out the trio of Jose Trinidad, Kenny Long, and Andrew Robinson. At the plate, hats off to several players. DDJ, Jio Mier, Domingo Santana, and Jonathan Meyer all had a multi-hit game. Meyer drove in three runs and is now batting .357 in the playoffs. Rafael Valenzuela has been very solid in the playoffs and is batting .412 in the playoffs. Rafy doesn't get a lot of attention but he has been a big contributor for this JetHawks team this year.
Lancaster JetHawks won 7-4
- David Martinez-6 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO, 5/5 GO/AO
- Jose Trinidad-1 1/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Kenny Long-2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Andrew Robinson-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 SO, 3/0 GO/AO
- Delino DeShields Jr. 2B-2-4, BB, CS
- Jiovanni Mier SS-3-5, 2B, SO
- Domingo Santana RF-3-4, SB, OF Assist
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-2-3, 2B, BB, SO
- Rafael Valenzuela 1B-1-2, 2B, 2 BB, CS
Tri-City ValleyCats lost 8-3
- Joe Bircher-1/3 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 0 SO
- Brady Rodgers-3 2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 SO, 2/2 GO/AO
- Lance Day-1 1/3 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Jeremiah Meiners-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 SO
- Blake Ford-1 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO-Odd line
- Travis Ballew-1/3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO
- Joe Sclafani SS-1-3, 2 BB, SO
- Jesse Wierzbicki 1B-1-5, 2B, SO
- Jarrod McKinney LF-0-1, 3 BB, SO