The Astros had their third straight blown save in the 9th inning. I'll try to make this short and sweet.
Astrofan's comment in the game thread was short, maybe sweet, and certainly accurate:
Astros were winning. Bullpen pitchers did their thing. Astros lose.
P.S. Chris Johnson had a nice game.
There were some good things to say about this game. Chris Johnson came up a single short of hitting for the cycle. He had a great game. Jordan Lyles had a nice start. He had had his problems in the past with the big inning in the 5th or 6th. He wasn't completely free of those problems in this game, but he didn't melt down and he kept the Astros in the lead for most of the game.
As for the bullpen, guess which character seems like the Astros' relief corps in this Spy vs. Spy video.
I'll end with a Late Show style Top 10 list.
Top 10 reasons that the Astros lost 11 straight games?
10. The opposing pitchers throw the ball really fast.
9. The relief pitchers were poorly informed; they thought you can throw 5 balls to a batter.
8. Our hitters are distracted by all those empty seats....or is it our pitchers who are distracted?
7. Too many veterans traded in the last three weeks---the team lost too much weight too quick.
6. None of the Astros has worn a gold thong during the game as a slump buster.
5. Someone switched the urine samples with the gatorade.
4. Astros pitchers think that horse shoe rules apply in the 9th inning.
3. Umpires hate the traffic in Houston and take it out on the city's baseball team.
2. Players are taking bets on what Brad Mills will say after every loss.
1. This is all part of a secret plan to make the AL West overconfident when they face the Astros next year.