Overall, it's been a good two days of baseball in the minor leagues. There was quite a bit of winning going on and quite a few strong pitching performances. I know Jose Cisnero's thirteen strikeout night was discussed some on tuesday night and it was deservingly so. It was a career high for Cisnero and tops for the minors that night. That performance put him on top of the strikeout leaders of the league until last night when Tyler Skaggs passed him up by three. There is no doubt that this kid has a great arm and great stuff. The question moving forward is how he will handle adversity and how well his control will come along. He's had two bad starts that ended his nights very early, but he has bounced back from each with good outings, so it seems he has a good head on his shoulders and is determined so that's a good sign. But, the control is what may get him. It's something to watch for the season. He has a projectible body and it seems to be athletic, so I have some hopes for him. He's jumping up my prospect list very quickly.
Another performance I want to point out is Kyle Greenwalt. His strong outing is getting overshadowed by Cisnero since it was on the same night, but it was solid. Eight strikeouts is nothing to sneeze at and he allowed just one run. Kyle had a solid AFL showing this summer and displayed his ability to induce groundballs and its carying over. This game also showed he can post solid strikeout numbers as well. If he can continue to put these type of games together, watch out.
Last performance I want to point out is our boy Jordan Lyles. Three games in a row where he has limited runs and more impressingly, two games in a row where he's piled up the strikeouts. In last three games, he's pitched 19 innings, allowed two runs (all last night) and struck out twenty! Seventeen of those strikeouts were in the last two games alone where he's pitched twelve innings!
Oklahoma City won 12-4
- Henry Villar-5 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 4 SO, 6/3 GO/AO
- Wesley Wright-3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 SO-Not bad at all
- Brandon Barnes CF-1-4, 2B, BB, 3 SO
- Ozzie Navarro 3B-1-2, 3 BB, SB-Ozzie stole home!
- Carlos Corporan C-1-5, 2B, SO
- Tommy Manzella 2B, SS-2-4, 2B, BB
- Collin DeLome LF-2-4, HR, BB, SO
Corpus Christi won 7-1
- Kyle Greenwalt-6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 8 SO, 6/2 GO/AO-Thats a phenomenal game! It looks like a few guys are starting to put things together this year.
- Danny Meszaros-2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO-Dude came back with a mission!
- David Carpenter-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Brandon Wikoff SS-2-4, BB
- Jimmy Paredes 2B-3-5, 2B, SO, SB
- Jimmy Van Ostrand 1B-3-4, 3B, HR, SO
- Andrew Simunic RF-1-2, 2 BB, SO
- Brian Esposito DH-1-4, 2B, SO
- Federico Hernandez C-1-4, 2B, 2 SO
Lancaster lost 8-2
- Jose Cisnero-7 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 13 SO, HR, 2/2 GO/AO-That's just sick!
- Jay Austin LF-1-2, 2 BB
- Jose Altuve 2B-2-4, 2B
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-1-4, 2B, SO
Lexington won 15-2 (Resumed from Previous Day)
- Brad Dydalewicz-2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO
- Carlos Quevedo-7 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 SO, HR, 6/8 GO/AO
- Delino DeShields DH-2-6, HR, 3 SO, CS, PO
- Jio Mier SS-1-2, 3 BB, SB-Nice walks!
- Adam Bailey RF-1-5, HR, SO
- Chris Wallace C-3-5, 2B
- Mike Kvasnicka 3B-2-4, BB
- Dan Adamson CF-2-4, 2B, BB
- Tyler Burnett 1B-1-5, HR
- Jhonny Medrano LF-1-3, 2B, 2 BB, SO
Lexington won 8-4
- Ruben Alaniz-3 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO, HR, 4/2 GO/AO
- Alex Sogard-3 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 SO
- Delino DeShields 2B-2-3, 3B, BB, SO
- Ben Orloff SS-1-2, 2B, 2 BB
- Adam Bailey RF-0-2, 2 BB, SO
- Jhonny Medrano LF-2-4, 2 SO
Oklahoma City won 4-3
- Jordan Lyles-6 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 9 SO, HR, 3/3 GO/AO-Three strong outings in a row and two high strikeout games in a row.
- Ross Wolf-1 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Sergio Escalona-2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 SO
- JB Shuck LF-1-3, 2 BB
- Brandon Barnes CF-0-5, 3 SO
- Koby Clemens 3B, 1B-2-5
- Collin DeLome RF-4-5, SO
Corpus Christi won 4-2
- Xavier Cedeno-5 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 5 BB, 2 SO, 9/2 GO/AO
- David Carpenter-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, SO
- TJ Steele CF-1-4, 3B, SO
- Andrew Simunic RF-3-4, 2B, SO
Lancaster lost 10-1
- Luis Cruz-2 2/3 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 2 BB, SO, HR-Ouch, it's his first appearance of the season, no need to focus on it...
- Andrew Robinson-4 1/3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO, 7/2 GO/AO
- Jonathan Villar SS-1-3, 2 BB, SO, SB
- Jay Austin CF-0-5, 3 SO
- Erik Castro 1B-1-4, 2B, SO
- Jose Altuve 2B-2-4
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-0-4, 3 SO
- Ben Heath DH-2-3, BB, SO