This is short because I'm in a time crunch and to be honest, not a whole lot happened yesterday. The Lexington game was put off until today because of the ridiculous storms that have been going on this area of the country and OkC was off yesterday. But, CC won and Lancaster brought us back to earth...
Whenever you have highs, theres always a low, even if you hope it never comes. Lancaster brought us back to reality. While they piled up six runs and guys like Kody Hinze and Austin Wates were still solid, the amount of strikeouts is painful to see, very painful. And, Robby Doran gave up eight runs in just two innings of work. His ERA is over 11.00 which makes me just want to turn away.
But, there is always another d
Corpus Christi won 8-2
- Dallas Keuchel-6 2/3 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 SO, HR, 7/4 GO/AO-Solid
- Matt Nevarez-1 1/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 SO-I really hope he breaks out this year.
- Arcenio Leon-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Clint Barmes SS-1-4, BB, SO-Just one rehab game left
- JD Martinez LF-4-5, 2 2B-Ok, this is a little ridiculous. Anybody know how much a plane ticket from Corpus to OkC is?
- Jonathan Gaston RF-1-4, 2B, BB, 2 SO
- Jimmy Van Ostrand 1B-3-5, 2B, HR, SO
- Brandon WIkoff 2B-4-5, HR, SB-He's making the most of the Sutil and Paredes injuries.
Lancaster lost 11-6
- Robby Doran-2 IP, 3 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 7 BB, 0 SO, HR, 2/1 GO/AO-If there is a pitcher I've been disappointed in this season...it's him. I really thought he would be good this year.
- Jay Austin CF-0-5, 5 SO-You can't put a positive spin on that line.
- Jonathan Villar SS-0-3, 2 BB, SO, CS
- Kody Hinze 1B-2-5, 2B, HR, SO-Continues to hit.
- Austin Wates RF-2-4, BB, SO-Avg. is now up to .272
- Jake Goebbert LF-2-3, BB, SB
- Ben Heath DH-0-4, 3 SO
- Erik Castro 3B-0-3, BB, 3 SO-Those pitchers had to have been nasty to pile up these strikeout numbers.