This is short, not because there's not a lot to write, but because I'm tired! I had a great time at the double-header last night with the Constable from Astros County. He and his wife are a very funny couple and were a lot to hang out with. My wife wasn't able to go last night, but we will be meeting back up with them on Thursday night. We represented Astros fans well in the very small crowd and let our presence known. We were able to meet another Astros fan who is aware of both of these blogs which was cool. David, you'll like this part...I got a couple Gig'Ems from a few other Ags that were at the game when they saw my Texas A&M fleece.
I was very impressed with several aspects of the OkC squad last night. I'm not going to go into any detail here because I'm going to save that for another post. I got some video of Lyles warm-up pitches for you guys as well. The Constable also gave a shout to Lyles after he was done with his warm-ups between games and Lyles turned and fired his baseball at me which was very cool. Oh, and we got to discuss Lyles briefly with a scout, but those details will come later.
Oklahoma City won 7-6
- Henry Villar-2 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO, 3 HR-It was rough...
- Fernando Rodriguez-2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 SO-He pitched very well!
- Gustavo Chacin-2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 SO
- Jose Valdez-1 2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 SO
- JB Shuck CF-3-4, BB, CS, PO
- Brian Bogusevic RF-1-5, 2B-He likes the nickname "Bogey." He told me so...
- Koby Clemens 1B-1-2, 2 BB, SO
- Drew Locke LF-1-4, 2B, 2 SO
- TOmmy Manzella SS-2-3, 2B, HR, SO-The HR was a go ahead homer in the last inning...clutch!
- Ozzie Navarro 3B-3-4, 2B
Oklahoma City lost 2-1
- Jordan Lyles-4 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO, 1 HR, 5/1 GO/AO-I'll go a lot deeper in a full post. But, his pitch count is low, so don't think he labored.
- Sergio Escalona-2 IP, 1 H, 2 SO
- Collin DeLome CF-1-2, 2B, BB, SO
- JB Shuck PH-1-1, 2B
Corpus Christi lost 14-4
- Xavier Cedeno-1 1/3 IP, 5 H, 7 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, SO
- David Carpenter-1 2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 SO
- Wladimir Sutil SS-2-5, SB
- JD Martinez LF-1-3, 2B, BB
- Jonathan Gaston RF-2-4, 2B
- Brandon Barnes DH-3-4
- Andrew Simunic 3B-2-4, 2B
Lancaster won 11-5
- Jose Cisnero-5 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 11 SO, HR-Not bad really. I'd like few runs, but its Lancaster! Those are stellar strikeout numbers for the year!
- Jay Austin RF-3-4, 2B, CS-Odd that he's playing in right with Wates in center.
- Jonathan Villar SS-1-3, HR, SO
- Jake Goebbert LF-2-3, HR
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-2-4, CS
- Ben Heath C-1-3, BB
- Kody Hinze DH-0-2, 2 BB, 2 SO
- Erik Castro 1B-2-4, 2B, SO, CS
Lexington lost 5-1
- Juan Minaya-5 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 SO, 7/2 GO/AO
- Jason Chowning-2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, BB, 2 SO
- Jio Mier SS-0-4, 2 SO
- Michael Kvasnicka 3B-0-4, 3 SO
- Chris Wallace DH-1-4 2B
- Daniel Adamson CF-3-4, 2B, 3B, SO, SB
- Bryce Lane LF-1-3, 2B, SO