Not a whole of winning go around the few days, at any level. The pitching just hasn't lived up to what many of us expected to start the season. I'm not worried at this point, but still its disappointing that the pitching staffs aren't carying the teams at this point. In fact, the offenses are doing the damage. At every level there are hitters who are shining in one way or another.
I'm going to highlight a Corpus Christi favorite today in Wladimir Sutil. There is no doubt that the guy has outstanding talent in the field. The guy has some serious range to go along with some solid athletic ability that allows him to make some outstanding defensive plays. At the plate, he has shown flashes of puting it together but not against advanced pitching. He he well for a defensive minded short-stop in AA last year which allowed him to get a promotion to AAA, albeit a promotion that I'm not sure he was ready for. Sutil struggled mightily in AAA and forced him to be demoted back to AA last season. So far, Sutil is tearing the cover off the ball. I'd love for him to put it together this season and mash all the way up to a september call-up because his defense would be an improvement over any other option we have currently or could acquire. What do ya'll think?
Oklahoma City lost 3-2
- Sergio Perez-5 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 6 SO-Not high on him, but he pitched well
- Collin DeLome LF-2-3, HR, SO
Corpus Christi lost 4-5
Jonnathan Aristil-4 2/3 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, BB, 3 SO
Erik Abreu-1 IP, 2 SO
Wladimir Sutil SS-2-5, 2B
JD Martinez LF-2-5
Jonathan Gaston RF-1-5, SB, 3 SO-Please don't strikeout this much!
Jimmy Van Ostrand 1B-2-3, HR, BB
Lancaster lost 6-4
- Andrew Robinson-5 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 3 ER, BB, 4 SO
- Wander Alvino-2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 SO
- Michael Ness-2 IP, 2 H, 2 SO
- Jonathan Villar SS-2-5, 2B, SO
- Kody Hinze 1B-1-4, HR, SO
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-0-2, 2 BB-Nice plate discipline
- Jose Altuve 2B-2-4, 3B
Lexington won 11-7
- Tanner Bushue-6 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO, 3 HR-Undeservingly got a win, but the homeruns that he gives up continues to be a concern
- Jorge De Leon-1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, SO
- Delino DeShields 2B-2-6, 2B, SO
- Jio Mier SS-0-4, 3 SO-Fail...
- Chris Wallace C-2-4, HR, BB, 2 SO-All he does is HIT!!!
- Michael Kvasnicka 3B-2-5, SO
- Jhonny Medrano 1B-2-5, 2B, SO
- Adam Bailey RF-2-5, HR, 2 SO
- Dan Adamson CF-4-5!
- Bryce Lane LF-1-1, 3 BB-I'm rooting for this guy like none other, he does everything!
Oklahoma City lost 6-2
- Douglas Arguello-4 2/3 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 SO-No control this game, 49 strikes out of 91 pitches. But, he did induce groundballs at a good rate.
- JB Shuck CF-3-5, SO-Get ya some hits Shuckers!
- Anderson Hernandez 3B-2-5, 2B, SO
- Koby Clemens 1B-1-4, 2B, 2 SO
- Tommy Manzella SS-1-4, 2B, SO
Corpus Christi won 9-8
- Ross Seaton-2 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO, 1 HR
- Shane Wolf-1 2/3 IP, 2 H, 1 SO
- David Carpenter-2/3 IP, 0 H, 1 SO
- Wladimir Sutil SS-3-5, 2 2B-Continues to hit, maybe he'll be able to hit in AAA this year.
- Jimmy Paredes 2B-3-5, 2B-Thats what we need to see!
- JD Martinez LF-3-5, 2 2B-Thats right JD!
- Jimmy Van Ostrand 1B-2-5
Lancaster won 8-7
- Robert Donovan-4 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO, 1 HR
- Kirk Clark-1 IP, 1 H, 2 SO-Started where he left off with his good season last year.
- Jay Austin CF-1-2, 2B, 3 BB-Those walks are awesome to see from the raw athlete.
- Jonathan Villar SS-1-5, 3B, SO
- Jose Altuve 2B-2-5-He's finally not hitting last, now he's in the 3 hole!
- Kody Hinze 1B-1-3, 2 BB, SO
- Austin Wates LF-0-2, 3 BB-Lancaster has some plate discipline!
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-2-4, SO
Lexington lost 7-3
- Brad Dydalewicz-5 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 5 BB, 3 SO, 1 HR-He did terrible early on but settled in and missed some bats as well while inducing a good groundball rate.
- Ruben Alaniz-2 1/3 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 SO-I was disappointed to see him not in the rotation, but we'll see what happens, not a good start.
- Chris Wallace C-1-3, 2B, 2 SO
- Michael Kvasnicka 3B-1-4, 3B, SO
- Adam Bailey RF-2-4, SO