The format from yesterday's post picked up some compliments and so I've decided to see what you think. I mixed my old format with Orem's format and I like pretty well, so we'll see what you, the reader's want. Below is another poll to see what you think.
I had some family obligations yesterday, so I was unable to finish up my report on the Express game from Saturday night. I'll finish that up today post it tomorrow. In related news, Astros County was in attendance at last night's Express game here in Nashville. Stephen is pretty excited that we now have two "advanced scouts in AAA." I wouldn't call myself a scout by any means but I can at least give you my raw thoughts on particular players. Next season will be extremely exciting with Lyles, Keuchel, Gaston, Martinez, Clemens, Arguello, Lo, Nevarez, and Villar all having a chance to be in RR next season.
Round Rock lost 7-6
- Mack Melancon-1 2/3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 SO-There's his debut!
- Chris Sampson-2/3 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO-Thats not a good outing.
- Jack Shuck-2-5, 3B, SB-Astros County tweeted that the triple was a routine double that he legged out.
- Edwin Maysonet-3-5, SO
- Chris Shelton-2-4, 2B, SO
- Collin DeLome-2-4, 2 HR-That's a great game no matter how you put it.
Corpus Christi won 1-0
- Douglas Arguello-5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 6 SO-Way to prevent hits but four walks is a bit uncharacteristic.
- Albert Cartwright-2-4, 2 SO
- Geoff Blum-2-4, 2 2B-Also he played short-stop
Lancaster won 11-9
- Ross Seaton-3 2/3 IP, 10 H, 9 R, 7 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 1 HR-Can I start begging for him to get better?
- Shane Wolf-5 1/3 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 SO-Thats how you pitch in relief! He keeps that up and I'll start clamoring for him to be a starter.
- Jay Austin-2-5, 2B, 3B, SO, SB-Without me noticing, he's up to 45 stolen bases on the seasn!
- Jonathan Villar-4-4, 2 2B, BB, SB, CS-Pretty much a perfect night. That's what I like to see in SS prospect!
- Brandon Barnes-2-5, 2B, HR, SO, SB
- Lee Cruz-2-4, 2B, SO
- Andrew Simunic-1-4, HR-I like Simunic but his ceiling is probably as a utility player.
Lexington won 7-2
- Juan Minaya-6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 1 SO-Solid outing besides the walks and lack of strikeouts.
- Jimmy Paredes-1-5, 2B, SB
- Jio Mier-2-5, 2 SO
- Jake Goebbert-4-5-He's really come on lately.
- Kody Hinze-3-4, 2 2B, BB
- Rene Garcia-2-4, 3B, SB-Apparently he's a catcher with some speed.
- Grant Hogue-2-4, 2 SO, SB
Tri-City lost 3-1
- Robby Doran-6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO
- Ben Heath-1-4, 2B, SO
- Michael Kvasnicka-0-4, 2 SO
Daniel Adamson-0-2, 2 BB
Greeneville lost 5-2
- Ruben Alaniz-4 2/3 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO
- Jamaine Cotton-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO-From what I get from his stats is that he's raw but I like him and has potential.
- Telvin Nash-1-4, HR, 2 SO-Seen this stat line before? He can straight mash but those strikeouts need to come down.
GCL Astros lost 13-2
- Jose Perdomo-6 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 SO
- Jose Monzon-2-4, SO
- Jose Fernandez-2-4
DSL Astros lost 5-0
- Nothing happening in this game.