Really, Brett Favre?!?! You're making yourself look like an idiot and a joke! Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.
With a hat-tip to Astros County for this link, I'm pretty impressed with what the Astros offered Adam Plutko. The offer was over $1 M to sign, which is very high for a 6th round pick. I personally don't think that he was worth that much, but I am impressed they were willing to spend that much to sign a guy. That should put to rest some of your concerns that the Astros are unwilling to pay for the top talent that they draft. It's not always the organization's fault for throwing enough money on the table, sometimes a players priorities are elsewhere, like winning a CWS, or they value themselves at too high of a price.
Also, be looking for Austin Wates to make an appearance in the GCL before moving to Tri-City. He's been out of baseball for awhile and needs to get back up to speed for a few games before facing top college talent who have been playing all summer. I expect he'll play OF this season the same way Delino DeShields Jr. is doing this season since he was an OFer at Va. Tech and then work to transition to second base in the instructional league. There is a short little part in the Astros article that mentions he was an All-American soccer player in high school. That tells me he will likely be able to learn the footwork to man second base pretty well.
Round Rock won 3-0
- Josh Banks (3.62)-9 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 SO-Just 91 pitches (65 strikes) to pitch the complete game. That is pitching to contact to the extreme!
- Jack Shuck (.292)-3-4, SB-Shuckers with a great game!
- Drew Locke (.288)-3-4, 3 2B
Lancaster lost 4-0
- Patrick Urkfitz (4.04)-7 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 SO-What a great start ruined by no run support.
- Jay Austin (.271)-0-4, 2 SO
- Jonathan Villar (.270)-0-4, 4 SO-What a rough day at the plate.
- Andrew Simunic (.358)-1-2, 2B, BB-The only guy who can walk away feeling good about their performance.
Lexington won 5-0
- Tanner Bushue (4.28)-5 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 SO, 1 HR, 1 WP-His control just isn't what it used to be. I wonder if they are working through some mechanical issues.
- Jimmy Paredes (.289)-2-4, 2B
- Kody Hinze (.277)-2-4, 2B
- Ben Orloff and Tyler Burnett both drew a walk each in the All-Star game.
Greeneville-Game 1-Postponed, Game 2-Cancelled
GCL Astros lost 10-8
- Evan Grills (6.14)-1 2/3 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 3 SO-If he was too injured to participate with the Canadian team, why is he pitching now? It seems it could be affecting him.
- Dieudone Paul (1.24)-5 IP, 1 H 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO-Wow, thats a nice outing out of the pen.
- Jordan Scott (.271)-2-5, 3 SO, SB
- Joshua Magee (.264)-1-4, 3B, BB
- Bryce Lane (.273)-0-3, 2 BB, SO
- Ernesto Genoves (.208)-2-4, 2B, SO
- Chan Moon (.238)-0-3, 2 BB, 2 SO
DSL Astros lost 2-1-Completed early
- Frederick Tiburico (6.37)-5 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO-Easily one of his best performances.
- No notable offensive performances.