Here's the spot where you can leave your best guess on the Astros First Day selections. Whoever gets the closest to the five picks will get a 1992 Craig Biggio Topps card. So, get your guessers out and let me know what you think. My picks are below:
8) Delino DeShields, Jr, 2B - That's the only way I can justify taking DeShields, Sale and Austin so close to each other.
19) Josh Sale, OF - Great power, good makeup, seems like a great fit. Only problem is Sale is not a great athlete. I don't think it'll stop the Astros if he's here.
Supplemental First Round
33) Dylan Covey, RHP - Covey's stock has been plummeting lately, so I could see him lasting till here. If he does, the Astros will be hard-pressed to pass him up.
58) Cam Bedrosian, RHP - It's that Georgia connection again. He follows in the footsteps of Jordan Lyles and Tanner Bushue.
90) Rick Hague, 3B, Rice - Just a hunch here, but if the Astros don't shore up third base before now, picking Hague seems like a move with little down side. He'll sign pretty easily and could be a fast-comer at third base. That doesn't mean he'll be a great player, but I'll take an average one over Geoff Blum.