Don't worry, there's not one story linked below that actually has anything today with the remainder of this painful, painful season:
- The biggest news is that the Astros have finally wised up to what we all knew months ago: Bud Norris needed to be shut down early. I'm not going to lie, I'm not inspired by the decision as it didn't come until yesterday. I'm especially unenthused when I read that a 24 year old who has extended his innings well beyond any reasonable limit is reported on as follows by Ed Wade:
- "He was a little more sore after his last couple of starts and took a little longer to loosen up after his last couple of starts..."
- The Astros broke ground on their new Urban Youth Academy. Probably a smart baseball move, but, moreover, a great move in general.
- The Astros inked an eighteen year old über utility infielder (2B, SS, 3B) from South Korea. That's two Pacific Rim signings in a year.
- Ed Wade has hired a manager or two in his time, and he'll be drawing on his successes and failures. JJO names Pedrique as his most likely candidate...kind of.
- Zach Levine echoes my sentiments of just truly not caring how this rest of the season plays out. He, of course, justifies his reasoning by discussing the increasing lack of parity.
- BtB wants to know who our go to beat writer(s) is (are) and why we go to them...which leads us to today's poll.