Not too much longer until game time, but here are some links to tide you over:
- JJO has updates on Lance Berkman (likely back during the Marlin's series), Michael Bourn, and Roy Oswalt (should pitch on Tuesday).
- Richard Justice floats Wesley Wright as a starter out there; here's the crux of his argument:
- The Unofficial Scorer updates us on Mier and Bushue's injuries down on the farm. Mier's bone bruise: not frightening. Bushue's stress fracture in his back: sounds miserable, but not frightening.
- Alyson Footer very succiently sums up my feelings about Bazardo on her blog:
- I want to know why David Ortiz's outfit is not getting more coverage than his did he/did he not steroids scandal? On a serious note, whoever is his handler should be fired. If I'm going to try and deny a serious accusation like this, I'm going to make myself look serious.
- According to BtB, the Astros are one of the worst teams in terms of winning and payroll.
- Bill Simmons may have the best job in America and his recent trip to the National Sports Collectors Convention proves my point. If you don't want to wade through the typical 5,000 word Simmons column, just skip to the picture gallery—truly cool stuff.
I'm not sure if he has a third pitch, but could he be worse than what the Astros have been running out there?
In my opinion, it's important to keep [Norris and Bazardo] separate when talking about the future of this rotation. That said, I'd like to see Bazardo pitch, fully rested, many more times before passing judgment.