Astros lead the series 2-0
|Fri 08/21|| WP: Roy Oswalt (7 - 4) |
SV: Jose Valverde
LP: Yusmeiro Petit (2 - 8)
|1 - 0 win|
|Sat 08/22|| WP: Brian Moehler (8 - 9) |
SV: LaTroy Hawkins
LP: Max Scherzer (7 - 8)
|4 - 2 win|
#52 / Pitcher / Arizona Diamondbacks
Sep 27, 1979
|2009 - Jon Garland||6-11||26||25||1||0||0||0||154.2||173||86||76||17||50||74||4.42||1.44|
#20 / Pitcher / Houston Astros
Mar 02, 1985
|2009 - Bud Norris||3-1||5||4||0||0||0||0||26.2||27||13||12||4||12||26||4.05||1.46|
- Bourn - CF
- Tejada - SS
- Berkman - 1B
- Lee - LF
- Blum - 3B
- Michaels - RF (.600 BA against Garland...in 6 PA)
- Matsui - 2B
- Quintero - C
- Norris - P
Sorry for the non-post this AM. With the game thread up early, I figured I'd throw out some tidbits of discussion:
- The Chronicle's recap of last night's game has me wondering if someone has informed Cecil Cooper that Tim Byrdak isn't LOOGY. With his 1.2 IP last night and faced lefties and righties and Coop seems to have planned to use him for a number of outs.
- I was glad to see that Jose Valverde was made unavailable before last night's game, too. Although we're probably going to let Valverde walk to find greener pastures, I still hate the thought of Coop abuse a relief pitcher.
- Just because I love throwing in my favorite site when news is slow: A real gem for anyone who has struggled to find a job recently from This is Indexed.
- Wait for it....wait....Ok here it is: Richard Justice is ready to jump back on the Astros bandwagon. You could probably make a calendar of the summer by Richard Justices moods towards the Astros.