As each and everyone of us anxiously awaits the word on Lance Berkman's MRI today, here are some links to occupy your mind (please baseball gods, don't reverse course on so quickly):
- Alright, the first link doesn't help take your mind off the MRI, but it does contain something postiive, kind of, in regards to Lance:
- Wait, really?:
- Alyson Footer takes issue with the results of the Top Moments in Minute Maid Park fan poll that's been going on all year and gives us her Top 3:
- My top three, in order: Biggio's 3,000th hit; Burke's HR, Kent's HR. And one more that's not listed -- the 4-6-3 DP turned by Eric Bruntlett and Adam Everett to end Game 4 of the NLCS in '05.)
- The Unofficial Scorer took a trip down to Corpus and he gives us an update on the progress of Chia Jen Lo who sounds very promising.
- Fortunately, the Astros are not involved in BtB's graph of the day.
- If the Cardinals stupidly hipster wannabe mustaches haven't already driven you crazy, maybe this will properly stoke your ire.
- The Sports Guy, Bill Simmons, delivers his final ESPN the Magazine piece.
Berkman seems unlikely to go on the disabled list after playing all nine innings Monday night, but the Astros want to find out if he's risking missing an extended period of time by returning to the lineup with the leg still so sore.