This might be the last link dump for the week as I'm about to go on a road trip to New York with some friends, my apologies. If I can find a computer, though, I'll make it happen. For now, drink this one in:
- Jose Valverde will throw two rehab outings at AA Corpus on Wednesday and Thursday and if all goes well, he'll rejoin the club to square off against the Diamondbacks.
- Felipe Paulino is day to day with his "little" groin strain (his words).
- Kaz Matsui could be back with the team sometime during the Cubs series. I'm not very excited about that.
- Solomon has notes about Geoff Geary and Jose Valverde's simulated games and a reminder to enjoy this stretch of the schedule and the winning it has brought.
- Miguel Tejada, apparently, is only really trying at defense every other year.
- The Hardball Times version of power rankings (you'll need to scroll down a bit...unfortunately).
- For the Mac users in the audience who are itching to try their hands at saber-challenges, BtB is helping us marginalized, but über hip, people out.