I got to listen to most of this on the radio and then see the last five or so innings on TV, in between fighting my mom who was watching a season finale. I let out quite a few expletives. Here are my take aways from the game:
- Paulino was dazzling: 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 7 K, 1 BB, 87 pitches (55 strikes). That's a stellar 7 K:BB ratio and an even more superlative 8.05 K/100. It's a shame he won't get the token win because of our offensive struggles.
- Miggy was 4/6, with a walk off home run—nuff said.
- Bourn was 2/4 with 1 BB. I just heard Art Howe laud him for manufacturing that run in the 9th, but as I said at the time in the game thread: Luck. Not that I won't take it, but I don't want that outlier event to influence managerial tactics.
- Lance had two hits and a walk...perhaps the five hole really agrees with him.
- Matt Kata had some stellar, stellar defense saves, just not that possible walk off in the bottom of the ninth.
The red bars are where the expletives were let lose.
Rockies vs Astros coverage; Rockies vs Astros boxscore