Got an email today which dovetails nicely with DyingQuail's latest post. John Eagle Honda is having a contest via Twitter to give away some Astros memorabilia. Here are the details:
John Eagle Honda is giving away a Milo Hamilton signed Astro's hat and baseball to the Houstonian with the best Astro's or Milo Hamilton memory.
To win these items, participants must send a tweet to @drivingahonda with their favorite Houston Astros or Milo Hamilton memory. Submissions are allowed via tweet, blog post link, or YouTube video links. All submissions must be received by January 1, 2009. Winner that has the best story will win, as determined by the John Eagle Honda dealership and Milo Hamilton.
If there's enough interest, feel free to comment in this post and use that as your submission (if you need more than 140 characters).
I'd also like to add a couple of the guys I follow on Twitter that focus more on prospects than the big leagues:
- AdamWFoster - runs a website called Project Prospect that I've linked to before.
- JonathanMayoB3 - works for MLB.com; focuses on minor leagues and the draft
- FrankiePiliere - used to work for SaberScouting; now works for MLB FanHouse
- ScoutingtheSAL -- a former catcher has video and in-person scouting reports on players in the South Atlantic League.
Last but not least, of course is:
- farmstros -- Our own minor leauge contributor is on a tweeting quest for haiku perfection. Farmstros will try and tweet 3,000 syllables on Astros baseball next season. If you're not on Twitter, that's as good a reason as any to join.
Some other personal baseball favorites: