|Andy Pettitte||Derek Lowe|
|11 - 9, 2.67||8 - 12, 4.20|
I really couldn't think of anything constructive to say about this game (and this series, really) beyond please let them win, so I started looking at some numbers, and some of 'em were pretty freaky, so I thought I'd share:
Actually, now that I've gotten going, I can say that Derek Lowe was really lousy in his last start. I know. I was there.
- Last RBI by Morgan Ensberg: August 15 vs. Chicago
- Last Extra Base Hit by Willy Taveras: August 16 vs. Chicago
- Stolen Bases by Willy Taveras in August: 4
- Last Home Run by Craig Biggio: July 29 vs. New York
- Total Bases by Lance Berkman in his last seven games: 18
- Last earned run given up by Chad Qualls: August 4 at Arizona
- Batting Average Against for Chad Harville in August: .103
- Batting Average Against for Roy Oswalt in August: .299
- Brad Lidge's WHIP in August: 1.633
- Runs scored for Roger Clemens while he was in the game in August (36.3 IP): 5
- Last time Andy Pettitte did not have a quality start : July 6 vs. San Diego
Also, looks like Cesar Izturis will miss at least the opener of this series. And of course Milton Bradley was placed on the DL this last week. The Dodgers, like the Padres, have been decimated by injuries, and the Astros really need to work on their Carvillian anvil-tossing technique in regards these crippled teams we're facing.
Dodgers are hurting, and it shows: their 3.99 team RC27 for the month is even lower than their already anemic 4.42 for the year. But the Astros aren't any great shakes this month either, as we all know.
So I thought I'd break it down by position:
|x||6.73||Brad Ausmus||C1||Dioner Navarro||5.05|
|x||4.17||Humberto Quintero||C2||Jason Philips||2.98|
|5.74||Lance Berkman||1B||Hee-Seop Choi||6.33||x|
|2.87||Craig Biggio||2B||Jeff Kent||4.70||x|
|2.49||Adam Everett||SS||Oscar Robles||4.04||x|
|x||9.21||Morgan Ensberg||3B||Olmedo Saenz||5.50|
|2.58||Orlando Palmeiro||OF1||Ricky Ledee||9.19||x|
|4.79||Chris Burke||OF2||Jayson Werth||5.55||x|
|x||6.72||Jason Lane||OF3||Jose Cruz, Jr.||3.54|
|x||5.44||Willy Taveras||OF4||Jason Repko||0.31|
|-0.07||Mike Lamb||Util/PH||Antonio Perez||4.60||x|
|x||-0.75||Andy Pettitte||P1||Derek Lowe||-3.47|
|x||1.31||Roy Oswalt||P2||Edwin Jackson||-2.70|
|x||1.34||Roger Clemens||P3||Jeff Weaver||10.65|
Hey Astros: Please win.