Astros 5, Twins 4: Houston's home runs too much for Hughes and the Twins

How could I not pick this photo? - Hannah Foslien

The Astros leave the yard three times against Phil Hughes; hold on against the Twins' late charges.

This feeling! It's...It's....It's winning baseball. I know what it feels like to be watching baseball again. And, it feels glorious. With their win tonight, the Astros are now 10-3 in their last 13 games.

After an hour and twenty-one minute rain delay, the Astros and Twins took the field. Dallas Keuchel once against set the tone for Houston, holding the Twins scoreless over six innings. He scattered five hits, walked two, and struck out six. The Twins pressed early, getting runners in scoring postion the first and second innings. But, Kechuel made short work of each bit of danger with a ground out. Trevor Plouffe led of the fourth with a double, but was also stranded by Keuchel.

One the offensive front, the Astros brought their boomsticks with them to the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Marwin Gonzalez got the party started with a home run to right on a 91-mph fastball. Matt Dominguez, one inning later, hit a home run on a 91-mph fastball to dead center. Dexter Fowler didn't leave the yard, but he led off the sixth with a triple. Jose Altuve drove him in with a single. Then mighty George Springer came to bat, and flipped a (all together this time) 91-mph fastball that was down and away like it was nothing over the right field fence. That sentence doesn't do Springer's home run justice. Look at this...


The Astros bullpen took over for Keuchel in the seventh and did their best job to give the game back to the Twins. Tony Sipp gave up three straight extra-base hits to start the seventh. Eduardo Escobar doubled, Aaron Hicks doubled, and Danny Santana homered to make the game 5-3. Jerome Williams relieved Sipp, Kurt Suzuki and Eduardo Escobar hit back-to-back doubles to bring the game within one. The Twins ralley would fall short as Chad Qualls collected his seveth save in the ninth .


We've reached the top of the hour, it's time for The Crawfish Boxes' Top Play of the night. Let's go to the highlight -

71% of the earth is covered by water, the other 29% is covered by Dexter Fowler.

Log In Sign Up

Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join The Crawfish Boxes

You must be a member of The Crawfish Boxes to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at The Crawfish Boxes. You should read them.

Join The Crawfish Boxes

You must be a member of The Crawfish Boxes to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at The Crawfish Boxes. You should read them.




Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.