AAA: Redhawks beat the Nashville Sounds, 6-1
Mike Foltynewicz picked up his second win of the season Thursday night against the sounds. Folty and Rudy Owens held on to a tight lead through 7 innings until Ronald Torreyes opened that lead up with an RBI double. Without the usual fireworks of Jon Singleton and Max Stassi, the Redhawks start their home stand against the Sounds with a solid win.
- Ronald Torreyes, 2B: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBIs
- Domingo Santana, LF: 3-4, 3B, RBI
- Jonathan Meyer, 3B: 2-3, BB
- Michael Foltynewicz, P (W, 2-1): 5.0 IP, 4H, 2BB, 1ER, 1 K
- Rudy Owens, P (S, 1): 4.0 IP, 2H, 3 Ks
AA: Hooks 9, Midland 3
Tommy Shirley (2-2) had a dominant showing against Midland. The lefty pitched 6 innings of shut out baseball, allowing only 4 hits and picking up 6 strikeouts. In his 5 appearances this season, Shirley has 28 strikeouts while allowing only 3 earned runs.
The offense for Corpus Christi started in the first inning with a two-run homer by Matt Duffy. The Hooks ran Midland starter Andrew Werner (0-2) out in the first inning, and their bats stayed hot throughout.
- Matt Duffy, 1B: 1-4, HR, 2 RBIs, R
- MP Cokinos, DH: 2-4, 2B, RBI, R
- Jiovanni Mier, SS: 2-3, 3 RBIs
- Taylor Heineman, C: 1-3, 2 RBIs
- Thomas Shirley, P (W, 2-2): 6.0 IP, 4H, 1BB, 6 Ks
- Matt Heidenreich, P (S, 1): 3.0 IP, 5H, 3R, 2ER, 1BB, 1HR, 4 Ks
A+: Jethawks Shut Out by Inland Empire
The Jethawks bats were silent in San Bernadino, as Inland Empire held them to only four hits. Lancaster's loss wasn't for lack of a good start. Kyle Westwood pitched 5 solid innings, giving up only one run. But with no offense and a poor showing from Vincent Velasquez, Thursday wasn't the Jethawk's night.
- Anthony Kemp, 2B: 1-3, BB
- Carlos Correa, SS: 1-4, 2 Ks
- Rio Ruiz, 3B: 1-4
- Danry Vasquez, RF: 1-3, K
- Kyle Westwood, P (L, 1-1): 5.0 IP, 4H, 1R, 1ER, 1BB, 4 Ks
- Vincent Velasquez, P: 2.0 IP, 8H, 5R, 5ER, 1BB, 2HR, 3 Ks,
- Daniel Minor, P: 1.0 IP, 1H, 1BB, 2 Ks