Lancaster does it Right!
I would be remiss not to give this some love. Lancaster had a throwback night last night and their jersey's are simply beautiful. In general, college baseball is doing a lot of this with several teams going to this kind of style for their everyday uniforms, but sticking to their color scheme. The JetHawks have a few more colors to their logo to use with this than most colleges and so it sticks out much better. Well played Lancaster!
And thanks to Tony Kemp for tweeting this out for the masses to see.
A little throwback action in Lancaster pic.twitter.com/SAGfkBpw78— Tony Kemp (@tonykemp6) April 17, 2014
OkC falls in extras
There's not a lot to see in a stat line for a game that went 11 innings and ended with a 3-2 score. Just a bunch of zeros, well that is unless the pitchers just dominated. The Colorado Rockies affiliate's starter, Tyler Matzek, tossed a great six inning game and had the most notable pitching line. The RedHawks scraped together five hits and drew four walks. Props have to be given to Austin Wates who did his best get something going as he drew a pair of walks and used his chances on-base to swipe three bases. Wates would eventually be pulled in the 10th inning...
- Collin McHugh-5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO, 6/4 GO/AO, 56/41 P/S
- Nick Tropeano-3 2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO, 2/6 GO/AO, 37/26 P/S
- Darin Downs-2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 2/3 GO/AO, 22/17 P/S
- Austin Wates CF-1-3, 2 BB, 3 SB
- Jon Singleton 1B-0-5, SO
- Enrique Hernandez RF, CF-2-3, 2 BB, SB, CS
- Ronald Torreyes PH, 2B-1-1, 3B
Hooks Fall 3-2
I hate losing to the Rangers, even their AA affiliate, Frisco RoughRiders. Yesterday's game marked the return of Telvin Nash! He had sustained an injury during the spring which has caused him to be held back until now. However, I need to temper your excitement. He performed pretty close to what you might expect. It's his first game, so no conclusions to be drawn, but yet it makes you a little sad to see more of the same.
But hey! Preston Tucker had a good game!
- Colton Cain-4 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 SO, 5/3 GO/AO, 70/40 P/S
- Pat Urckfitz-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 SO
- Brady Rodgers-3 1/3 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO, 5/1 GO/AO, 48/31 P/S
- Delino DeShields CF-1-5 2B, SO
- Nolan Fontana 2B-0-2, 2 BB
- Preston Tucker DH-2-4, 2B, HR, SO
- Leo Heras LF-0-1, 3 BB, SO, SB
- Telvin Nash 1B-1-4, 3 SO
JetHawks Fall Back into Tie for FIrst with 8-4 Loss
Josh Hader is human. After three standout performances in High-A, he tossed a stinker. It happens, otherwise he wouldn't need to be in the minors. Back to last night, the winds worked against him as he gave up a home run, his second of the season. He had a rough inning of work in the seventh. Gave up a line drive, had a runner steal second (remember he's a lefty), had that base stealer take third due to a throwing error by Jake Rodriguez, then had a grounder hit to him and was unable to get an out on the play, issued a walk, and hit a batter. Rough inning.
- Chris Devenski-4 1/3 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO, 1 HR, 3/4 GO/AO
- Mitchell Lambson-2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Josh Hader-2 2/3 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO, 3/1 GO/AO
- Juan Minaya-1 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Teoscar Hernandez CF-1-4, BB, SO, SB
- Rio Ruiz DH-2-4, SO
- Brandon Meredith 1B-2-3, 2 BB, PO
- Carlos Perdomo 3B-1-2, 2 BB
- Jake Rodriguez C-2-4
River Bandits Shutout
QC drops to 7-7 on the season and complete the organizational sweep for the day, but in the bad way. The whole organization lost every game yesterday. This one came at the hands of South Bend (Diamondbacks affiliate) and their first round pick that our TCB Draft Team was very high on, Braden Shipley. We rated him in our top 10 last year and he was selected 15th overall. He tossed five scoreless and then gave way to reliever Jose Jose (I didn't make that up), who struck out six over three perfect innings.
- Gonzalo Sanudo-4 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO, 6/4 GO/AO
- Albert Minnis-1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO
- Adrian Houser-3 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO, 5/1 GO/AO
- Patrick Christensen-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Brett Phillips RF-1-4, 2 SO, CS-His 4th CS
- Jack Mayfield SS-1-3, 2B, BB, SO
- Tanner Mathis LF-1-3, 2B, SO
- Chan Moon 2B-1-3, 2B, SO