Tweeted by the indefatigable Greg Rajan.
- roster at 27, so two get cut or moved to OKC
- The Astros now have the glut of catchers: Heineman and Garcia split time in CC; Stasi and Perez, presumably, in OKC. Cokinos as 3rd catcher
- very left-handed outfield (Aplin, Epps, Heras, Tucker). DDJ the only righty.
- does Mier or Fontana start at SS? Sclafani and Cokinos will be super utility guys. Duffy at 3rd. 1st base will be a revolving door (Cokinos, Duffy, Heineman? Tucker? Sclafani?)
- Seaton on the roster for the 8th year in a row. But seriously, put the guy in OKC. I myself think it's stupid not to have Appel on the roster. What does one month in Lancaster do for Appel? It just delays his call-up. Also, I don't see the piggy-back happening with these pitchers. Only four or five I think that Luhnow would need to see starting (L Cruz, Rollins, West, Rodgers, maybe Cain?)
- Where is Brandon Meredith? He raked last year and is already old for A+.
- Will Fontana go to OKC in a month when Correa gets called up? Will he move to 2b? Will Heras or Tucker go to OKC when Springer moves up?
- Overall, I think this will be a fascinating team to watch. The closest thing to a top 10 prospect is DDJ, but tons of guys between 10 and 30 (DDJ, Aplin, Heras, Tucker, Fontana, West, Rodgers, Cruz) and a few intriguing guys (Duffy, Sclafani, Ballew, Rollins). This team will be fascinating to watch and should win at least 60% of their games.