There is one question that has been asked so many times that it has become a joke in Astros circles. When is George Springer getting called up? A legitimate question for a fan base that has been waiting for the prospect revolution to begin. 2013 saw the first sparks of that revolution with the arrival of Jarred Cosart, Brett Oberholtzer, and many other new faces. But, the white whale is Springer. Constant questions about him has driven beat writers to madness, blog editors to giddiness (I'm looking at you David), and fans to irrational hysteria.
Well boys and girls, here it is, a simple tool that easily answer that question for you. Just follow the link below.
Okay, fine, you got me. It's just a simple joke url. But, think of the day when it says yes? What a glorious day that will be, right? So spread the word, if a question about George Springer comes up - drop in the link. It will especially be handy in April when Springer is with the Redhawks, as the Houston Chronicle's Evan Drellich outlined last month.
This will be the best $11.95 I ever spent when the day comes that I can switch that "NO" to a "YES."
(I do want to say one last thing, I have to thank Lee White for the inspiration.)
- If I had a vote: Preseason AL Rookie of the Year watchlist
- Carlos Correa, George Springer, Mark Appel and PTBNL Among Jeff Luhnow's Core Four
- Spring training 2014: Fearless predictions for the next four weeks
- The TCB Daily Boil: February 13, 2013
- Spring Training 2014: Five Astros body parts that will shape the season