Oklahoma City (51-46) - OFF
Corpus Christi (55-40) - Postponed
Brandon Meredith continues his recent tear, smashing a Grand Slam on Wednesday night. Over his last 10 games he's slashing .405/.500/.730. I had high hopes for him coming into the season, and he's one of the prospects Brooks has a man-crush on, but his struggles away from Lancaster are a huge concern. .205/.340/.402 on the road just ain't going to cut it.
Speaking of the home/away splits from Lancaster, MP Cokinos is bucking the trend, by slashing .362/.459/.500 away from the launching pad. Something to keep in mind, though, is that his road BABIP is .376, while his home BABIP is just .295. That suggests a possible road regression.
- Delino DeShields Jr. - 2-5, 2B, K, SB
- Nolan Fontana - 2-5
- Andrew Aplin - 1-4, BB
- MP Cokinos - 2-5, 2B, K
- Tyler Heineman 1-4, BB
- Brandon Meredith - 2-3, HR, 2 BB
- Joe Sclafani - 1-4, BB
- Matt Duffy - 2-5, 2B
- Luis Cruz - 5 IP, 9 H , 5 ER, 4 BB, 4 K, 3/2 GO/AO
- Theron Geith - 3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 5/0 GO/AO
After it seemed like he had hit a wall, it's nice to see Lance McCullers pitch well in the longest outing of his professional career. Him and the pitcher who was selected eight picks before him – Zach Eflin – engaged in a nice pitcher's duel Wednesday night. Both pitched well, but neither got a decision.
Fun fact: Carlos Correa struck out the same number of times tonight as he had in his last 14 games.
- Jordan Scott - 3-5, SB
- Carlos Correa - 1-5, 2 K
- Rio Ruiz - 1-5, 2 K
- Bobby Borchering - 0-2, 2 BB
- Jobduan Morales - 0-3, K
- Lance McCullers Jr. - 6.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K, 8/2 GO/AO
Remember when Tanner Bushue was good? Me neither. Remember when Tanner Bushue was supposed to be good? Yep. Well, his last 10 IP have resulted in 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 H and 10 Ks. I'm hesitant to say it's anything more than a SSS and a 22-year-old in Tri-Cities, but it would be a pleasant surprise if the former second-round pick morphed back into a salvageable prospect. His career MiLB ERA is almost under 6.00!
As I was perusing through the Astros Minor League rosters, I came across their 2013 28th round draft pick, Jordan Mills. I'm extremely intrigued by a 6'5" lefty who has a K/9 of 9.00, a BB/9 of 2.81, an opposing LD% of just 6.5 (!!!) and induces 5.5 groundouts for everyone airout. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on him, except he was apparently "shocked" when he got drafted. At 21, he's borderline old for his League, and it's an extremely SSS, but I'm intrigued nonetheless.
- Tony Kemp - 1-4, K
- James Ramsay - 0-2, 2 BB
- Conrad Gregor - 1-3, 2B, BB, K
- Adam Nelubowich - 0-4, 3 K
- Adrian Houser - 3.2 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 5/4 GO/AO
- Tanner Bushue - 4 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 5/O GO/AO
Greenville (15-10) - POSTPONED
GCL Astros (12-10) - TWO GAMES
- Jason Martin - 1-5, 2B
- Javaris Reynolds - 1-3, K
- Jacob Nottingham - 1-3, 2B, K
- Luis Reynoso - 1-5, K, CS
- Ydarqui Marte - 2-4, BB
- Jose Salano - 1-5, HR, 2 K
- Joe Musgrove - 4 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 7/3 GO/AO
- Elniery Garcia - 5 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K. 8/2 GO/AO
DSL Astros (20-16)
- Luis Payano - 2-4, 2B, BB
- Arturo Michelena - 2-4, 3B, K
- Randy Cesar - 2-4, 2B, BB
- Rayderson Chevalier - 5 IP, 4, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K, 3/3 GO/AO
- Joselo Pinales - 4 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 1/5 GO/AO