It's no secret that TCB is a big fan of the MLB Draft and every year we roll out a massive amount of coverage for it. This year, the plan is no different. In fact, as we have done for the past few years, we are setting out to expand on it. But, how do we top 50 draft profiles on top of everything else we posted in relation to draft coverage?
First off, we are expanding the draft profiles and (as you might have already noticed) starting them sooner. We will be posting at least one profile every Thursday and Friday each week so that you will be able to begin to get familiar with names earlier and some to watch as you head into the weekends that are filled with college baseball. But, don't worry, we will still have the mega draft coverage leading into the draft. Since there will be some changes between now and then in relation to the profiles that we have already started publishing, we will kick the big coverage off with those updates.
Second, the monthly 1.1 discussion and the monthly TCB draft board discussion. We've already got started on the second installment of those series so be on the lookout for those. With the Astros having the 1.1 pick for the second straight year, a lot of attention is focused there so we will keep you covered.
Third, weekly updates on potential draft picks. High school stats aren't the most easily accessible but when somebody performs well in the college ranks, you know about it. So, this series will be a recap of the weekend for the big prospects, TCB favorites, and weekend standouts. You have to know how these guys are performing right?
Of course, we will have some more goodies here and there leading up to the draft including a possible top 100 draft board. Once again, TCB is going to rock the draft coverage. So, on to the actual draft prospect update.
- Mark Appel (Stanford, Sr.)-9 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 11 SO, 1 BB-Topped out again in the mid-upper 90's
- Sean Manaea (Indiana St., Jr.)-6 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 11 SO, 1 BB-The lefty was filthy. He struck out over half the batters he faced
- Aaron Blair (Marshall, Jr.)-5 2/3 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO-Astros 21st round pick in 2010
- Matt Boyd (Oregon St, Sr.)-8 1/3 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 9 SO, 1 BB
- Dylan Covey (San Diego, Jr.)-5 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO
- Ryan Eades (LSU, Jr.)-6 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO
- Austin Kubitza (Rice, Jr.)-7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 13, SO, 5 BB
- Trey Masek (Texas Tech, Jr.)-9 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 SO
- Dillon Overton (Oklahoma St, Jr.)-8 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 9 SO, 0 BB
- Adam Plutko (UCLA, Jr.)-6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO
- Braden Shipley (Nevada, Jr.)-8 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10 SO
- Ryne Stanek (Arkansas, Jr.)-3 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO-He's gotten off to a slow start
- Austin Voth (Washington, Jr.)-7 2/3, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 14 SO
- Bobby Wahl (Ole Miss, Jr.)-5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 6 BB, 4 SO
- Trevor Williams (Arizona St., Jr.)-7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 SO
- Kevin Ziomek (Vandy, Jr.)-7 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 11 SO-Very interesting lefty
- Kris Bryant OF/3B/1B (San Diego, Jr.)-4-14, 2B, HR, 7 R
- Phillip Ervin OF (Samford, Jr.)-3-14, 2B, 1 R
- Adam Frazier SS/2B (Miss. St., Jr.)-8-16, 3B, SB, 2 R
- Tyler Horan OF (Virginia Tech, Jr.)-6-9, 2 HR, 6 R
- Eric Jagielo 3B (Notre Dame, Jr.)-4-9, 2B, HR, SB, 2 R
- Jacoby Jones 2B/OF (LSU, Jr.)-1-9, SB, 1 R
- Aaron Judge OF (Fresno St., Jr.)-6-13, HR, 2 R
- Andrew Knapp C (Cal., Jr.)-4-15, 2 2B, 2 R
- Michael Lorenzen OF/RHP (Cal State Fullerton, Jr.)-6-13, 2 2B, 3B, 2 R
- Colin Moran OF (North Carolina, Jr.)-4-13, 5 R
- Michael O'Neill OF (Michigan, Jr.)-6-15, 2B, HR, 2 SB, 4 R
- D.J. Peterson 3B/1B (New Mexico, Jr.)-5-13, 2 2B, 3B, HR, 5 R
- Chad Pinder 3B (Virginia Tech, Jr.)-6-13, 2 R
- Brian Ragira 1B (Stanford, Jr.)-5-13, 2B, HR, 3 R
- Hunter Renfroe OF (Miss. St., Jr.)-5-10, 3B, 2 HR, 3 R
- Ryan Tella OF (Auburn, Jr.)-5-12, 2B, HR, 2 R
- Brandon Thomas OF (Georgia Tech, Sr.)-5-11, 5 R