Mars Dust - Passed Ball Leads to Astros Loss

Mar. 10, 2012; San Felipe, BC, Mexico; SCORE class 1 driver Josh Rigsby is swallowed by a cloud of dirt while racing through a silt bed during the San Felipe 250. Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-US PRESSWIRE

I'm not really sure what happened in this game. Though I do know the Astros lost 4-1, and the go-ahead run for the Cubs was the result of a passed ball (which was actually scored as a wild pitch that I disagree with), I could not abstain myself from becoming occupied with other activities - such as discussing gardening techniques, philosophy, art, and the teachings of the great Masanobu Fukuoka. However, I was also simultaneously watching the Astros play a horridly long 4-1 loss which included a 6th inning that lasted nearly a whole hour and a sloppy play that made the game unwinnable from that point forward. If you know what I'm talking about, the game lost inning (GLI) was the 6th inning when the Cubs scored the 2nd run of the game, which was all that they needed to have won the game. Some of the good things that I noticed, however, was a fantastic play made by Jimmy Paredes at 2nd base, catching a low throw from Chuckie Fick on a fielded ball, and then turning to throw to first base to complete the double-play; as well as the triple down the RF line hit by Jimmy Paredes and the other triple hit by Justin Maxwell. J.D. Martinez saved a run by utilizing his arm-gun and throwing out a runner at the plate. Dallas Keuchel pitched 4 innings with 80 pitches, but he didn't have the opportunity to have a big 5th inning. For the rest of the game recap, I will utilize fan commentary - a style utilized by CRPerry13, which I do not claim as being my own.

Gawd I wish I was at the game. It’s so nice outside.

@CRPerry13

by CRPerry13 on Sep 10, 2012 7:08 PM CDT reply actions

Oh Happy Day
Brian McTaggart ‏@brianmctaggart
#Astros have released RHP Francisco Cordero

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Sep 10, 2012 7:46 PM CDT reply actions 2 recs

Interesting GameDay stat on Dallas Keuchel

Opposing batters hit .246 against him on his first 45 pitches, but this raises up to .280 off him after that 45 number of pitches (on his effectiveness as the game goes on)

Ser del Barça és el millor que hi ha!

by almogaver on Sep 10, 2012 7:47 PM CDT reply actions

so gamethreads are pretty dead…

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Sep 10, 2012 7:54 PM CDT reply actions

Biggio and others in Luhnow's box don't seem to be watching the game

Something on the computers is more interesting

Astros fan for life

by Joe in Birmingham on Sep 10, 2012 8:02 PM CDT reply actions

Keuchel does it again

Ground ball to third. On th throw to first , Keuchel takes off for third and makes it.

Astros fan for life

by Joe in Birmingham on Sep 10, 2012 8:07 PM CDT up reply actions

JD Martinez threw a one-hopper to get the runner at home plate

EXCELLENTO

Astros fan for life

by Joe in Birmingham on Sep 10, 2012 8:22 PM CDT reply actions

Justin Maxwell stand up TRIPLE

Center fielder seemed to to be lackadiasical

Astros fan for life

by Joe in Birmingham on Sep 10, 2012 8:26 PM CDT reply actions

WHAT A PLAY!

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Sep 10, 2012 8:47 PM CDT reply actions

Ho-whoa-whoa-ly Toledo!!

It is what it is.

by numbersensei on Sep 10, 2012 8:50 PM CDT up reply actions

Tri City wins 16-7. Going to the championship series.

by MadMartygan on Sep 10, 2012 9:08 PM CDT reply actions

this is going to be a long game isn’t it….

Follow my ramblings on Twitter .

by Timothy De Block on Sep 10, 2012 9:50 PM CDT reply actions

bases loaded no outs

GET THE LOGGY UP!

Follow my ramblings on Twitter .

by Timothy De Block on Sep 10, 2012 10:04 PM CDT reply actions

But I really admire how he’s so humble in achieving it…so classy

by Its Gonna Happen on Sep 10, 2012 11:02 PM CDT via mobile up reply actions

And finally, the gist of the gamethread,

This may be the first baseball blog where

more was written about physics and lawn care than about baseball .

Astros fan for life

by Joe in Birmingham on Sep 10, 2012 11:03 PM CDT reply actions

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join The Crawfish Boxes

You must be a member of The Crawfish Boxes to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at The Crawfish Boxes. You should read them.

Join The Crawfish Boxes

You must be a member of The Crawfish Boxes to participate.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9351_tracker