Lancaster and Tri-City are still fighting away in the playoffs, so that means The Crawfish Boxes will still be bringing you minor league recaps! So, let's get you caught up on what has happened since my last recap.
TC was rained out on Saturday, so their playoff series got pushed back a bit, but Lancaster was still in action that night. Heck you can even say the following morning for most people as the game ended at 1:30 A.M. CST! Game went all the way to the 12th inning and was full of heart attacks. Despite getting a decent outing out of starter Blair Walters, the bullpen was shaky at best and gave up four runs to push it into extra innings. Although, Jorge De Leon settled things down when he came out in the 9th and then Andrew Robinson had a good outing until he gave up an unearned run in the 11th, but locked it down in the 12th. The offense rested on the shoulders of Jonathan Meyer and Domingo Santana who have both been very good in the playoffs. Meyer has suddenly found his power stroke again.
Sunday, there is a completely different story. Outside of Carlos Quevedo, the pitching for Lancaster was simply bad and looks worse than it probably was since they were playing in another hitter friendly environment at High Desert. I don't even want to talk about it.
Tri-City walked away with a loss to even their series at 1-1. The starting rotation seems to be showing some fatigue as they just haven't pitched very well in their last couple turns through the rotation. Brady Rodgers continued that with giving up three runs in three innings, but Lance Day came in and provided an out short six solid innings of just two run ball. But, it wasn't enough as the offense mustered just two runs.
Both teams are going again tonight and TC will be facing elimination in their best of three series tonight. I believe Brian Holmes will be on the mound. Lancaster will be playing at home and trying to take a 2-1 lead in their best of five series.
Saturday, September 8
Lancaster JetHawks won 8-7 (12 innings)
- Blair Walters-5 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO, 7/5 GO/AO
- Jose Trinidad-1 1/3 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO
- Pat Urckfitz-2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 SO
- Chia-Jen Lo-1/3 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 1 HR
- Jorge De Leon-2 2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 SO, 4/1 GO/AO
- Andrew Robinson-2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO
- Delino DeShields Jr. 2B-1-5, 2 BB, SO, SB
- Jiovanni Mier SS-1-5, 2 BB, 3 SO
- Andrew Aplin CF-0-7, 3 SO
- Domingo Santana RF-3-5, 2B, 2 BB
- Erik Castro 1B-1-5, BB, 3 SO
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-2-5, HR, BB, SO, SB
- Chris Epps LF-2-5, 2B, BB, SO, SB
Sunday, September 9
Lancaster JetHawks lost 16-3
- Colton Cain-3 IP, 11 H, 9 R, 7 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO, 1 HR, 4/4 GO/AO
- Brad Dydalewicz-2 2/3 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO, 4/1 Go/AO
- Carlos Quevedo-2 1/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 SO
- Andrew Aplin CF-3-5
- Domingo Santana RF-0-4, BB, 4 SO
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-3-4, 2B
- Chris Epps LF-2-3, BB, SO
Tri-City ValleyCats lost 5-2
- Brady Rodgers-3 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO, 2/3 GO/AO
- Lance Day-5 2/3 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO, 1 HR, 4/4 GO/AO
- Austin Elkins 2B-2-4, BB
- Jesse Wierzbicki 1B-1-3, 2 BB
- Emilio King CF-1-4, 2B