Astros Lose 3-1: Recap by TCB Readers

This picture of sailboats has nothing to do with the Houston Astros.

Tonight, the Astros lost to the Diamondbacks by a score of 3 to 1. The game featured a nice but squandered start by Dallas Keuchel, another Jose Altuve multi-hit game (plus some really great defensive plays by the 2nd-baseman), a sac fly by Tyler Greene to score Marwin Gonzalez, and a few cheap runs scratched through by the Diamondbacks.

But I was mentioned by name on the TV broadcast, and that made my week. Thanks to the awesome FS Houston team for the shout-out!

I am feeling particularly lazy tonight, so tonight's recap will be brought to you by the readers of The Crawfish Boxes.

First!!

by ASTROnomical on Aug 17, 2012 5:08 PM PDT

Strong start by the Astros faithful.

First Inning

Goldschmidt vs. soft tossin’ LHP…..don’t like the match up for the Stros.

by clack on Aug 17, 2012 5:11 PM PDT

Keuchel wins with K. So it’s a good top of first.

by clack on Aug 17, 2012 5:12 PM PDT

clack speaketh of Arizona rookie leftie Wade Miley. This season Miley's ERA is 3.02 and his FIP backs his success up. So the Astros hitters should try to take advantage of any fortunate situations they come upon.

Then, Steve Pearce lined it right to Johnson at Third.

Well that’s poor luck.

by Sputnix on Aug 17, 2012 5:18 PM PDT

LD single to CF by JMax….bases loaded.

by clack on Aug 17, 2012 5:21 PM PDT

Followed by an infield fly by Ben Francisco. Suddenly two outs...c'mon Astros!

I love CRPerry13.

#LOVE

by ccislanders on Aug 17, 2012 5:21 PM PDT

campaigning to get your comments featured, huh?

by clack on Aug 17, 2012 5:22 PM PDT

Argh...the Astros leave the bases loaded..

Second Inning

Barnes rolls the ball to 2d….hmm, that sounds familiar.

by clack on Aug 17, 2012 5:24 PM PDT

Nice

CJ shatters his bat on an inside pitch.

by CRPerry13 on Aug 17, 2012 5:31 PM PDT

Ausmus in the booth

Sounded like they were interviewing him for the job of Astros manager next year.

by doorknob47 on Aug 17, 2012 5:33 PM PDT

I don't recognize the Astros' players

First major league hit by a guy with facial hair who they say is Dallas Keuchel.

by CRPerry13 on Aug 17, 2012 5:42 PM PDT

Third Inning

Nothing exciting happened in the top, and that's a good thing. Keuchel has a no-hitter through three. And in the bottom, nothing happened. I got no comments worth copy/pasting here. I am sad.

Fourth Inning

In case any reader is wondering what happened in the game so far, the answer is nothing. Still 0-0. A few singles but not much action.

We all know how CJ has no range! Lets Bunt every play!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 17, 2012 6:06 PM PDT

Fifth Inning

Moving right along. The game is nice and quick so far. I'm ok with a 1-0 Astros win. I need sleep.

With this team drinking is allowed..

by ASTROnomical on Aug 17, 2012 6:11 PM PDT

Dang!

Bummer. Safety squeeze scores a diamondback from 3rd.

by CRPerry13 on Aug 17, 2012 6:19 PM PDT

Astros 0 Diamondbacks 1

Followed by a long double by Chris Young. Astros 0 Diamondbacks 2

In the bottom, Marwin Gonzalez hits a double to right, then Altuve advances him with an infield single.

Another multi hit game for altuve!

by Woodlands'stro on Aug 17, 2012 6:33 PM PDT

What the heck kind of pitch selection is this to Tyler Greene?

Untitled_medium

Result is a sac fly to center. Astros 1 Diamondbacks 2

Sixth Inning

Busta' was born after me.

For me: April 4th, 1995. Busta’: May 6, 1995.

by ccislanders on Aug 17, 2012 6:46 PM PDT

You guys are so lucky that you barely remember the 90’s.

by CRPerry13 on Aug 17, 2012 6:48 PM PDT

Los Angeles riots.

by BustaPozee on Aug 17, 2012 6:49 PM PDT

The sixth ends with two Astros left on base.

Seventh Inning

Schafer gives me gas

by orangeblood kid on Aug 17, 2012 6:53 PM PDT

I refrained from asking orangeblood kid the obvious question, which is, "How?"

Wow! Fantastic diving play on a liner by Jose Altuve. Saves a run and now there are two outs with men on 2nd and 3rd. Keuchel coming out after 6-2/3 IP and only 2 ER (so far). A very nice outing by Keuchel.

I want to grow my own peanuts.

by BustaPozee on Aug 17, 2012 7:17 PM PDT

Now we know!

According to Brita, the United States generates enough plastic bottles to stretch 4,611,534,650 Altuves.

by CRPerry13 on Aug 17, 2012 7:20 PM PDT

And Fernando Rodriguez makes an absolutely terrible catch to end the inning with no damage done. Keuchel has a Game Score of 56.34. Very nice.

Eighth Inning

CHRIS JUST GOT A SHOUT OUT ZOMG! HE IS FAMOUS!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 17, 2012 7:39 PM PDT

So that is you? I was wondering.

by clack on Aug 17, 2012 7:41 PM PDT

Yeah! I just tweeted that to him

@CRPerry13

by CRPerry13 on Aug 17, 2012 7:42 PM PDT

Holy @#$* they just quoted me on TV

@CRPerry13

by CRPerry13 on Aug 17, 2012 7:39 PM PDT

Best thing EVER

@CRPerry13

by CRPerry13 on Aug 17, 2012 7:40 PM PDT

What was the quote?

I can’t watch tonight.

"The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year." - Mark Twain

by chilam balam on Aug 17, 2012 7:42 PM PDT

He was talking about a study about how athletes perform their best when eating kiwis and strawberries. I replied that somebody should have told Melky Cabrera that.

@CRPerry13

by CRPerry13 on Aug 17, 2012 7:44 PM PDT

Goldschmidt just doubles in a run, but I don't care because my name was said on TV. Astros 3 Diamondbacks 1.

Ho hum.
by numbersensei on Aug 17, 2012 7:51 PM PDT

Actually, that sums this game up really well.

Ninth Inning

X

forgot?

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join The Crawfish Boxes

You must be a member of The Crawfish Boxes to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at The Crawfish Boxes. You should read them.

Join The Crawfish Boxes

You must be a member of The Crawfish Boxes to participate.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9351_tracker