Hey Astros fans, all this losing gotcha feeling blue? ...Oh, suicidal thoughts, even? Well, um, cheer up, because here's 5 reasons (bleacherreport style) why next year is our year!
1. Believe it or not, no team has ever gone from worst in baseball to WS champs in a one-year span in like, 100 years. So obviously, MLB is due. On a related note, 2013 is shaping up to be pretty boing, so this pretty much has to happen to give the media something to write about.
2. Um, have you seen our 2012 draft?! Correa is going to be an All-Star and probably win the MVP award. I mean, he WAS drafted first overall...
3. Regression to the mean. No team can possibly be this bad for three years in a row. League average of course is 81 wins. After a 56-win season and the 53-win campaign we are on pace for, it would only seem fair that the Astros have a 134-28 record to balance things out next year. This would make them the best team ever, which means they would be incapable of losing in a five or seven game series.
4. NO MORE MILO! Question: Have the Astros ever won the World Series with Milo at the helm? No. Just as it was time for veterans on the team to move on, a new voice is sorely needed in the booth. That's where Dave Raymond and Brett Dolan come in. Yes, after a few years of seasoning, the young pups are ready to leave The Captain behind, and establish a winning culture. Their unwavering voices harmonize so well that most can't tell one from the other, and it's this teamwork that will help propel the team to all-new heights.
5. A top-notch, tier-one manager at the helm: Operating at such a high level, incomprehensible to most baseball fans, coaches, and even fellow managers, Brad Mills is the only man worthy of the world-class team he will be leading next year. His famous blank stare hides a mastermind capable of designing a sand castle fit for a narwhale. Always one to keep the gang on their toes, his legendary nicknames will keep the team loose on their road to destiny.
Houston, get ready for a season to remember.