FanPost

TCB Comments of the week-Part 3

Wow, there ended up being a lot of comments on here this time around, but I believe that's a testament to how great the comments were this week. I started back to work as a football coach this past week, so I've watched very little baseball and read very little TCB "live," but I think I've been able to thoroughly tell what's been going on based upon great reporting and comments. We start practice this next week, so I begin my stretch of 80 hour work weeks and zero days off for the next 3 months on Monday. With that being said, I hope I can continue this piece and bring some happiness to a future commenter. Let me know if you have any suggestions, opinions, or any other random comments!

Dont know that I love Maxwell but Schafer needs to go ASAP

That and if i were Luhnow I would make him shut down his twitter acct yesterday. SYFMouth Jordan and learn how to hit a left hander.

by Nado2036 on Aug 6, 2012 10:12 AM PDT up reply actions

I remember when I was 18 and in HS. I had trouble hitting fastballs over 85 MPH and couldn’t touch a decent curve at the plate. Dude, Ovando is young and so full of talent. I am very excited to see how he progresses through our system. I have HIGH hopes for him.

by Uncle Duke on Aug 6, 2012 9:31 AM PDT up reply actions

I think there were some signability concerns about Williams prior to the draft. However, Williams was open about being a Rangers’ fan and wanting to play for the Rangers. That may have helped the Rangers sign him to a reasonable bonus.

by clack on Aug 6, 2012 12:32 PM PDT up reply actions

Yeah, that pissed me off, dude you live in Galveston stop being a band wagon fan and stay with your home team.

Trade of Trade not, there is no try.

by blazemule on Aug 6, 2012 12:58 PM PDT up reply actions

Lowrie steals 81st

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 6, 2012 4:40 PM PDT reply actions

Also known as DDJ?

by Its Gonna Happen on Aug 6, 2012 5:13 PM PDT via mobile up reply actions

They do look alike however, so I can understand the mix up…

by Its Gonna Happen on Aug 6, 2012 5:14 PM PDT via mobile up reply actions

Diving Penguin

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 6, 2012 9:34 PM PDT reply actions

Downs is trying to block the extra point kick I believe.

by nobody23 on Aug 6, 2012 9:37 PM PDT up reply actions 1 recs

Basically describes the astros

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 6, 2012 9:36 PM PDT reply actions

and this

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 6, 2012 9:45 PM PDT reply actions

and thats how you get a sex change

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 6, 2012 9:46 PM PDT up reply actions

Great thread

I L’d. But not OL.

by tcu93 on Aug 7, 2012 7:59 AM PDT reply actions

Yet

by tcu93 on Aug 7, 2012 8:00 AM PDT up reply actions

Rule 5 Draft

Does anybody know of any players we have lost in the rule 5 draft that went on to play in the major league consistently?

by jimbo0488 on Aug 7, 2012 8:28 AM PDT reply actions

johan santana

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 7, 2012 8:29 AM PDT up reply actions

Batista can’t be the next altuve, one is 6’2" and the other is 5’5"

by Woodlands'stro on Aug 7, 2012 9:50 AM PDT up reply actions

McCullers summary

McCullers threw 60 pitches – 26 for balls and 34 for strikes. The lone hit was a groundball up the middle that the secondbaseman Blasik got to but the batter reached safely when Blasik threw off balance and wildly to first. Three of McCullers’ 4 walks were issued consecutively with 2 outs in the 1st inning. That sequence drew a coaching visit to the mound and got the bullpen up and throwing, but McCullers responded well striking out the next batter on 3 pitches that were all whiffed at.

The Cardinals’ minor leaguers failed to make contact 42% of the time when they swung at a McCullers offering (11/26 swings) including 11 of their final 18 swings. Just to put that 42% rate in perspective, I have charted pitches on a total of 8 starts made by Vincent Velasquez, Adrian Houser, and Nick Tropeano (Lancaster) this year and the highest whiff rate that I computed was 40% in a Velasquez start. Houser faced essentially the same lineup that McCullers did in game 1 of the doubleheader and managed only a 17% whiff rate (5 of 30 swings). Per the radio play-by-play, McCullers seemed to get those swing whiffs using both his fastball and breaking ball and perhaps even once with a changeup. No velocity readings were mentioned.

by reillocity on Aug 7, 2012 10:00 AM PDT reply actions 2 recs

YES! I don’t have the GIF but i need the YES GIF for my excitement

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 7, 2012 11:22 AM PDT up reply actions

Done.

by MadMartygan on Aug 7, 2012 11:24 AM PDT up reply actions

you are an officer and a gentleman

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 7, 2012 11:45 AM PDT up reply actions

why you being such a jerk dude?

too much hate. this is supposed to be a happy place.

what does circle jerk mean?

by super_shredder on Aug 7, 2012 10:55 AM PDT up reply actions

No GIFS please.

by lawson3 on Aug 7, 2012 11:00 AM PDT via mobile up reply actions

Hopefully we are flipping Schafer for some low floor, high ceiling prospects that are a few years away from having a chance to make it to the show.

by caveman8fb on Aug 7, 2012 9:55 AM PDT reply actions

I’d settle for a burger and fries at this point if it means not seeing his utter indifference on the team anymore.

@CRPerry13

by CRPerry13 on Aug 7, 2012 10:36 AM PDT up reply actions

We already have a burger in the system..

Probably better to do a waffle fries for Schafer.

by HoustonCouga on Aug 7, 2012 11:00 AM PDT up reply actions 1 recs

Schafer is sitting in front of his locker stoned eating reeses….he doesn’t even know whats going on.

Bogey is looking around worried.

J-Max is on the phone with his agent trying to see if he’s been traded.

J.D. is running through 10 thousand scenarios in his head.

Francisco is looking over the terms of his contract on his apartment lease.

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 7, 2012 1:55 PM PDT up reply actions 1 recs

What would Schafer drink?

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 7, 2012 2:00 PM PDT up reply actions

Purple drank of course.

by Snake Diggity on Aug 7, 2012 2:01 PM PDT up reply actions

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

by BustaPozee on Aug 7, 2012 2:10 PM PDT up reply actions

Francisco in the 3 hole

thats putrid…put Barnes there

Writer at http://thesleeperpick.wordpress.com/
You can follow me @YoniPollak

by EveryHoustonTeamRox! on Aug 7, 2012 2:19 PM PDT reply actions

chron lineup, bro.

"The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year." - Mark Twain

by chilam balam on Aug 7, 2012 3:17 PM PDT up reply actions

so remember that tweet by schafer

Jordan Schafer ‏@JordanSchafer
#onthatpursuit

I guess that answer was "on that pursuit to the DL"

Writer at http://thesleeperpick.wordpress.com/
You can follow me @YoniPollak

by EveryHoustonTeamRox! on Aug 7, 2012 2:23 PM PDT reply actions 1 recs

Downs is in at 3B, tonight. Is he the least terrible of the group defensively. I can’t even tell.

by MadMartygan on Aug 7, 2012 2:27 PM PDT reply actions

…depends on whether blocking a field goal is part of the defense.

by clack on Aug 7, 2012 2:35 PM PDT up reply actions

The Astros need to improve offense, defense and special teams.

by MadMartygan on Aug 7, 2012 2:36 PM PDT up reply actions

I think I'd want to see

JD in left, Maxwell in center, and F-Mart in right.

My skepticism about Barnes stems from a combination of his age and minor league track record. I’m not going to be real impressed when the first season where you threaten the .900 OPS line is at age 26 in the hitter-friendly PCL. I see Barnes as probably being another Bogey. 4th OF at best type.

Realistically F-Mart is not a lot better but I think he has a slightly better chance of hitting enough to play everyday.

by OremLK on Aug 7, 2012 3:14 PM PDT up reply actions

" it appears we're getting a sense that trade may not have been very successful"

I have a sense that Titanic did not have a very successful maiden voyage.

More children will be diagnosed with Autism this year than AIDS, diabetes and Cancer combined

by lhb98 on Aug 8, 2012 10:23 AM PDT reply actions

Velasquez

He’s reasonably advanced for a just-turned-20-year-old with little experience beyond high school and particularly so for one who is reported to have preferred being a position player when the Astros drafted him. His primary fastball has loads of armside run (away from LHB, in on RHB) and could be really exceptional if he is able to throw it in the vicinity of the 94 to 95 mph peaks that he sometimes hits with it. The slurvy slider is probably his best pitch now and has both lateral and vertical movement and seems to be every bit as effective against LHB as RHB. The changeup that I saw him throw had what looked like a bit of split-finger action on it (though it’s probably not a split-finger in its truest sense) and he doesn’t seem to be throwing it much during games yet – I suspect that he’s just using it as a 3rd option against LHB when he gets into deeper counts. If there are things to nitpick him over, they probably have to do with the other aspects of pitching. He seems be a bit too obsessed with keeping runners close and may need to work on finishing his delivery in a position better suited to fielding. Hopefully the injury he sustained to his back or side last night won’t keep him out for long.

by reillocity on Aug 8, 2012 12:05 PM PDT reply actions

Here are the Astros

PCL Best Defensive 3B: Matt Dominguez
East. Lg Best Strike-Zone Judgement: Robbie Grossman
Tex Lg Best Baserunner: Jonathan Villar
Tex Lg Best Infield Arm: Jonathan Villar
Cal Lg Best Defensive OF: George Springer
Sally Lg Fastest Baserunner: Delino Deshields Jr.
Sally Lg Best Baserunner: Delino Deshields Jr.
Sally Lg Best Changeup: Nick Tropeano

by Mike Fast on Aug 8, 2012 2:32 PM PDT up reply actions 2 recs

Thank you Mike Fast!

Still blows my mind that members of this FO read our blog!

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 8, 2012 2:34 PM PDT up reply actions

Mind=Blown

by Its Gonna Happen on Aug 8, 2012 3:24 PM PDT via mobile up reply actions

Orioles fucked up this time

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 8, 2012 8:35 PM PDT reply actions

*fudged up

Astros, Belmont, 'Bama and Corpus Christi.

by ccislanders on Aug 8, 2012 8:36 PM PDT via mobile up reply actions

They F-Marted up.

by BustaPozee on Aug 8, 2012 8:37 PM PDT up reply actions

I’m sorry. That was uncalled for.

On a related note, does finding guys attractive make me gay?

by BustaPozee on Aug 8, 2012 9:51 PM PDT up reply actions

It’s not impossible for a pitcher to succeed in the Cali league. You just have to take the stats with a grain of salt. League leader starters will have an era near 3. An average starter will be in the mid 4’s. So far we’ve just sent mediocre pitchers there in the past. It doesn’t even mean you’re a bad pitcher if you pitch badly in Lancaster; Cisnero had an era over 5 and he’s doing well in AAA now.

by Ponger on Aug 9, 2012 10:08 AM PDT up reply actions

Damn. What a roundabout way to insult us.

B.J. Rains ‏@BJRains
Mozeliak: "St. Louis is a tough place to play. There’s high expectations and winning is demanded. … This is a good opportunity for him."

by MadMartygan on Aug 9, 2012 10:37 AM PDT reply actions

Each time I see Tyler Heineman I end up liking him a little bit more

Last night, with 1 out in the bottom of the 8th the would-be tying runner (of a 1-0 game) looks to have 2nd stolen easily on a ball in the dirt and Heineman picks the ball and guns a bullet right on the bag with the runner being called safe on a bang-bang play. A few pitches and a pitching change later, Heineman backhands a ball out of the dirt to his right and then stealthily snaps a throw back to 2nd picking that very same go-ahead runner off Humberto Quintero-style. He then comes up in the top of the 9th with a runner on 2nd and 2 outs and yanks a 1-0 pitch into RCF to stretch the lead to 2-0.

His .377 AVG, .459 OBP, .465 SLG, 10 2B, 0 HR, 12 BB, 6 HBP, 5 K, 20% line drive rate, and 28% flyball rate over 134 PA tell you just what kind of a hitter he is – an extreme switch-hitting pest who consistently posts quality PA after quality PA while rarely hitting the ball weakly or in the air. The defense is way above average, too – he’s now thrown out 40% (6/15) of basestealers, picked off at least 1 baserunner, committed 0 errors, and been charged with 1 passed ball in 20 full games behind the plate (the average NYPL C would have 6 passed balls in 20 games). This coming off of a UCLA season in which he threw out 48% of basestealers (22/46), picked off 2 baserunners, committed 2 errors, and was charged with 4 passed balls in 54 games behind the plate. Lots and lots to like about Heineman as a catcher both offensively and defensively looking forward.

by reillocity on Aug 9, 2012 11:05 AM PDT reply actions 1 recs

I know it’s my night to write a recap, but I know nobody will read it since this cool podcast is up. I went to the game and was absolutely bored to death. It looked like a minor league stadium, attendance wise. They were shutout, the end.

by BustaPozee on Aug 9, 2012 8:46 PM PDT reply actions

Moises Alou

Was the only guy I have ever seen stay completely still and be able to rake

by Nado2036 on Aug 9, 2012 9:18 PM PDT up reply actions

He also peed on his hands, so, you know, to each his own.

I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast foods.
--Ron F'ing Swanson

by David Coleman on Aug 9, 2012 9:59 PM PDT up reply actions

He has never even been to AAA. They have other options that they need to look at in Houston. J,D. has 20 something extra base hits for the whole year and he isn’t driving the ball. He is also a bad base runner. They can’t just leave him out there because you like him.

by rambo2 on Aug 9, 2012 9:11 PM PDT up reply actions

What other options?

You’re probably going to say Barnes, and then I’m going to post a mildly amusing reaction GIF to tease you, so let’s not go there.

by OremLK on Aug 9, 2012 9:13 PM PDT up reply actions

Coleman has such a pleasant voice. Like an evening DJ on an adult contemporary station.

by MadMartygan on Aug 9, 2012 9:34 PM PDT reply actions

He has the voice to smooth talk women into giving him a good time like Huck Finn got that guy to paint his fence.

by BustaPozee on Aug 9, 2012 9:37 PM PDT up reply actions

It was Tom sawyer that talked buck into painting his fence

by nobody23 on Aug 9, 2012 9:47 PM PDT up reply actions

Thank you for straightening me out.

by BustaPozee on Aug 9, 2012 9:52 PM PDT up reply actions

Kenny Long

I saw an inning or so of the lefty Long on the broadcast Tues. He throws only in the mid 80s but has tons of arms-and-legs funk in his delivery. Here’s what LHB have done against Long in the NYPL: 0-for-25, 1 BB, 1 sacrifice bunt, 14 K.

by reillocity on Aug 10, 2012 11:51 AM PDT up reply actions

literally was able to get a guy swing on a slider that the catcher had to dive to his left to catch it.

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 10, 2012 11:58 AM PDT up reply actions

Lancaster does a lot of good for DDJ. There’s more to development than the numbers you see. Lancaster helps numbers but it’s higher level of competition that is important. He sees pitcher with better breaking balls and better command so it challenges him at the plate. Plus, he has work to do with defense.

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 10, 2012 8:52 AM PDT up reply actions

MadMartygan remembers when Phil Garner called Chucky Carr a lunatic, because of his, "Chucky hacks on 3-0." quote.

by MadMartygan on Aug 10, 2012 12:12 PM PDT up reply actions

reillocity seems prefers to remember the quote as "Chucky be hackin’ ".

by reillocity on Aug 10, 2012 12:16 PM PDT up reply actions

"That ain’t Chucky’s game."

by MadMartygan on Aug 10, 2012 12:22 PM PDT up reply actions

It’s Gonna Happen

by Its Gonna Happen on Aug 11, 2012 12:37 AM PDT via mobile up reply actions

I agree, Houston has really good players everywhere except 1B, RF, LF, DH, Catcher, SP, and RP.

by Snake Diggity on Aug 10, 2012 12:21 PM PDT up reply actions

Baseball rebuilds aren’t fun. In other sports you get to immediately see your young talent come in and fix the team. The Astros on the other hand won’t see any real benefit from the Pence trade until next spring. And the drafts will take years as well.

Wade and Luhnow made moves for young talent with the pieces we had but we just have to wait. Luhnow is now stuck with a bunch of players who aren’t worth much so he is forced to buy low and hope to catch lightning in a bottle. I’m glad that he is trying, it can be frustrating but we may luck out and get another Lowrie

by maroonedTexan on Aug 10, 2012 1:48 PM PDT via iPhone app up reply actions 1 recs

The objective was to improve the farm system, even if it is at the expense of the major league team. Did any one expect the ML team to improve after the tradeable players are traded away at the deadline? Obviously the objective of those moves was not to improve the ML team this year. I don’t think that demoting J.D. Martinez and promoting Barmes and Fernando Martinez is aimed at improving the ML team so much as finding out what the Astros have in Barnes and F-Mart, while also allowing J.D. to improve in a different environment.

by clack on Aug 10, 2012 2:32 PM PDT up reply actions 1 recs

A quote by Carlos Lee to the Miami Herald about why he wants to stay with the Marlins:

"It’s a lot more fun when you’ve got opportunities like you’ve got here," Lee said. "It’s exciting to have guys in front of you, getting on base, stealing bases and creating opportunities."

by clack on Aug 10, 2012 3:02 PM PDT reply actions

Its not like he had the best 2B-SS tandem in the NL batting in front of him or anything.

by seanbergmanrules on Aug 10, 2012 3:09 PM PDT up reply actions

Man, MM

by OremLK on Aug 11, 2012 1:25 AM PDT up reply actions 1 recs

What has two thumbs and can successfully post a pic?

It is what it is.

by numbersensei on Aug 6, 2012 5:57 PM PDT reply actions 1 recs

This game is the reason Mills needs to be fired

We know how horrible this team has been in those situations 2-1 count with Marwin you could have squeezed Bogey in easy for the win. Mills has no problem bunting in any other inning why not there???? Absolutely horrible

by Nado2036 on Aug 6, 2012 8:48 PM PDT reply actions

Oh come on now....

Mills has attempted to squeeze people in and there were cries and gnashing of teeth when he did. FIRE MILLS WHY GOD WOULD YOU SQUEEZE THERE. Now when he chooses to let his hitters hit he should be fired for NOT bunting?

I don’t particularly care for Mills but the man can never do anything right by the fans now and that’s just as frustrating at times as his decisions.

by Genghis352 on Aug 6, 2012 8:51 PM PDT up reply actions 2 recs

I left in the top of the 9th...

the game was taking to long and the people I was with wanted to leave…just a few notes
A. The game took way to long
B. There were 5 scouts I saw. 2 Clocking the WSH pitchers, other 3 no guns just stop watches
C. Mills is an idiot

Writer at http://thesleeperpick.wordpress.com/
You can follow me @YoniPollak

by EveryHoustonTeamRox! on Aug 6, 2012 8:55 PM PDT reply actions

I’m a man, I’m a man
I drive a truck
I’m a man, I’m a man
Don’t give a f*ck
I’m a man…

BACON!

by BustaPozee on Aug 6, 2012 8:58 PM PDT reply actions

"A defensive meltdown of disastrous proportions!!"

Good call, dave raymond, good call.

It is what it is.

by numbersensei on Aug 6, 2012 9:02 PM PDT reply actions

What happened?

Gameday locked up with it showing "no out, run(s) scored"

Biggio and Bagwell for the HOF!

by SeoulStro on Aug 6, 2012 9:03 PM PDT reply actions

-Wilton Lopez throws pitch
-Ball is tapped toward the mound, sort of
-Steve Pearce, Wilton Lopez collide in trying to grab the ball.
-Pearce gets the ball and throws an errant throw to Altuve who is covering 1st, ball sails into the outfield toward bogey.
-Bogey uses Arm Laser to throw to home, ball airmails catcher. Runner scores. Runner ends up on 3rd base.

by BustaPozee on Aug 6, 2012 9:04 PM PDT up reply actions

You missed Scott Moore(?) diving hilariously in between Pearce and Lopez

by OremLK on Aug 6, 2012 9:05 PM PDT up reply actions

well….thats astros baseball

Follow me on twitter @Subber10

by Subber10 on Aug 6, 2012 9:05 PM PDT up reply actions

Two guys run into each other.

Third guy nearly runs into the guy who finally gets the ball.

Guy who gets the ball throws it wildly past the first guy who should be catching the ball.

Another guy gets the ball and throws it wildly past the other guy who should be catching the ball.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN YOUR 2012 HOUSTON ASTROS! Root! Root. Root?

by GatorTD on Aug 6, 2012 9:04 PM PDT reply actions 1 recs

Eh.

by Sputnix on Aug 6, 2012 9:10 PM PDT up reply actions

Ha ha hahah~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by BustaPozee on Aug 6, 2012 9:11 PM PDT up reply actions

XX

by BustaPozee on Aug 6, 2012 9:12 PM PDT up reply actions

I love this team too much to quit watching.

by SuperiorFustilarian on Aug 6, 2012 9:08 PM PDT reply actions

seriously!

Follow my ramblings on Twitter .

by Timothy De Block on Aug 6, 2012 9:09 PM PDT up reply actions

Come for the baseball..

Stay for the hilarity.

by GatorTD on Aug 6, 2012 9:09 PM PDT up reply actions

Well what happened was...

We got a baseball team..

then 50 years later we got this shit.

by GatorTD on Aug 6, 2012 9:10 PM PDT up reply actions

Imagine if Carlos lee still played first and this happned it might look like a murder scene out there

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 6, 2012 9:11 PM PDT reply actions 1 recs

Lopez would have been Everett part 2

by Woodlands'stro on Aug 6, 2012 9:12 PM PDT up reply actions

This would happn.

by GatorTD on Aug 6, 2012 9:12 PM PDT up reply actions

...

Astros 0-10 in extra inning games this year. Scoreless in 19 extra innings.

by Astrofan on Aug 6, 2012 9:32 PM PDT reply actions 1 recs

Brandon Barnes reminds me of Bryce Harper and Tim Tebow.

by BustaPozee on Aug 7, 2012 5:06 PM PDT reply actions

Jesus comment, clown?

My first mistake was assuming you knew what I was talking about.

by Shamus on Aug 7, 2012 5:07 PM PDT up reply actions

What new way can we invent to lose tonight?

I’m thinking:

Lombardozzi singles into left.
Bogusevic picks up the ball, throws to Barnes
Barnes throws to Francisco in left
Lombardozzi has rounded the bases.
Francisco attempts to throw home but lets go of the ball late and fires into the ground 2 feet in front of him.

by Astrofan on Aug 7, 2012 5:16 PM PDT reply actions

When did Schaffer hurt his shoulder?

by Astro#1fan on Aug 7, 2012 5:47 PM PDT reply actions

When he was trying to reach his pot stash, he fell off a ladder and tried to break his fall, and then that happened. I mean it did happen in Atlanta and he’s got buddies there…

by BustaPozee on Aug 7, 2012 5:48 PM PDT up reply actions

Ok so Jason Parks IE. the other guy in Kevin Goldsteins podcast has been live tweeting the LLWS tonight if you have a twitter I recommend you go check it out

Jason Parks ‏@ProfessorParks
New Mexico’s Freddie Gomez threw 86 total pitches. He weighs 83 total pounds. He has a tattoo that says "Nolan Ryan was a pussy." #LLWS

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 7, 2012 6:54 PM PDT reply actions

My first comic sketch. How did I do?

by BustaPozee on Aug 7, 2012 6:55 PM PDT reply actions 2 recs

Brandon Barnes gets his first pro hit here. Calling it

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 7, 2012 6:57 PM PDT reply actions

Lol no

An adventure happens everyday when you're a fan of Houston sports teams and Tottenham Hotspur FC.

by f22a4bandit on Aug 7, 2012 6:59 PM PDT up reply actions

Mills’ options and commenter’s responses
Takes Lyles out, everyone will get mad saying he was pitching great and he shouldn’t have gotten out
Keeps him in and he fails, everyone gets mad for throwing a kid that has 110 pitches out there for another inning.

by Woodlands'stro on Aug 7, 2012 7:04 PM PDT reply actions

Our 3-4-5 hitters coming up. What more could we ask for?

by pacbellpilgrim on Aug 7, 2012 7:44 PM PDT reply actions

better 3-4-5 hitters

My first mistake was assuming you knew what I was talking about.

by Shamus on Aug 7, 2012 7:46 PM PDT up reply actions 1 recs

Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, can't you see

Obviously not because your hit balls roll straight to me.

by f22a4bandit on Aug 7, 2012 7:55 PM PDT reply actions

nope this time its first rolled over on it a bit more the usual

also BOGEY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HE HAS WALKED TWO CONSECUTIVE BATTER’S WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SWINGING IF HE HAS NOT THROWN A DAMN STRIKE! YOU LEARN THIS SHIT IN LITTLE LEAGUE TAKE UNTIL HE GIVES YOU A STRIKE! YOUR NOT ALBERT PUJOLS YOUR A TERRIBLE HITTER rant over

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 7, 2012 7:59 PM PDT reply actions

...

by Sputnix on Aug 7, 2012 8:00 PM PDT up reply actions

Wait are they TELLING Wally to bunt?

What on earth makes them think Wally has any bunting ability whatsoever?

by OremLK on Aug 7, 2012 8:13 PM PDT reply actions

He is a shortstop.

by clack on Aug 7, 2012 8:14 PM PDT up reply actions 1 recs

the conference before Bernadina came to the plate

DJ " Drop down a bunt. Remember what happened last night?"
RB “Lulz. Yeah Davey I’m still laughing. Remember! They ran into each other man!”

by Astrofan on Aug 7, 2012 8:39 PM PDT reply actions

As soon as Brownie said Angel Hernandez

I believed Harper

Follow my ramblings on Twitter .

by Timothy De Block on Aug 8, 2012 6:15 PM PDT up reply actions

“That’s an Angel call, bro.”

by reillocity on Aug 8, 2012 6:15 PM PDT up reply actions

Dude Ausmus .240 average kills Snyder right now. Ausmus is a good offensive catcher compared to Snyder,

by jimbo0488 on Aug 8, 2012 8:16 PM PDT up reply actions

“Whats that mom”
“Sweep my room?”
“I cant the Nationals are borrowing my broom!”

by Astro#1fan on Aug 9, 2012 6:25 PM PDT reply actions

He would have to do a complete 360 to make the team next year. Right now he is clogging up the system. It is hard to send him down and bring Paredes up because they want Krauss to play left in OKC.

by rambo2 on Aug 9, 2012 8:15 PM PDT up reply actions

Ah makes sense now

by Nado2036 on Aug 9, 2012 8:32 PM PDT up reply actions

Wouldn’t a complete 360 bring him right to where he is right now?

by Woodlands'stro on Aug 9, 2012 10:37 PM PDT up reply actions

Not a fan of sending JD down

Not while guys like Bogusevic and Barnes are on the roster.

Why send down the legit prospect who is currently a mediocre ML player, when you can send down the non-prospects who are currently mediocre ML players?

by OremLK on Aug 9, 2012 9:02 PM PDT reply actions

Not sure what I think of the move. Ultimately, it comes down to trusting the coaching staff on a call like this. I think there comes a point at which the mentality of the player is at such a low point that he is better off in the minors. I think you have to be really close to the situation to know if it’s the right thing to do.

Mills said he expects to see Martinez back in the majors in a couple of weeks. He believes that it will be easier for Martinez to fight his way out of slump in AAA.

by clack on Aug 9, 2012 9:12 PM PDT up reply actions

Trivia here – Braun’s first hit came off of what pitcher…
Doug Brocail.

by ol Pete on Aug 10, 2012 6:26 PM PDT reply actions

Doug Brocail made adjustments

Braun is hitless against him this year.

Astros fan for life

by Joe in Birmingham on Aug 10, 2012 6:31 PM PDT up reply actions

Astros walk off!!!

by mike_o on Aug 10, 2012 7:58 PM PDT reply actions 5 recs

We needed this one SO BAD

Yesssss

by OremLK on Aug 10, 2012 7:59 PM PDT reply actions

You guys ever notice...

Luhnow seems to either follow Astros players or prospects (which obviously makes sense) or any woman who claims to be Astros fan (which also makes sense but I like more).

by Macdaddywolf on Aug 11, 2012 11:30 AM PDT reply actions

Ben Maller ‏@benmaller
2012 A’s, Padres, Astros, Royals, Pirates, Rays, Indians, Diamondbacks all have TOTAL payrolls that are below Yankees DL payroll.

Writer at http://thesleeperpick.wordpress.com/
You can follow me @YoniPollak

by EveryHoustonTeamRox! on Aug 12, 2012 1:54 PM PDT reply actions

You guys are lame. Not First

by BustaPozee on Aug 11, 2012 4:08 PM PDT reply actions

...

Astros, Belmont, 'Bama and Corpus Christi.

by ccislanders on Aug 11, 2012 4:10 PM PDT up reply actions

Really sad when Busta is calling you lame

by Nado2036 on Aug 11, 2012 6:21 PM PDT up reply actions

I recently saw a stat that I believe either Levine or Tags tweeted that said that opposing teams have around a .750 OPS with Castro behind the plate, and an OPS of around .790 with Snyder behind the plate so I dont know about that. The run game has to be in a pitchers mind with Snyder behind the dish. He’s got the right arm of a pre-pubescent child. Chris Snyder could run on Chris Snyder.

by zacmorgan182 on Aug 11, 2012 11:19 PM PDT up reply actions

Jose is stealing everybody’s hats! WTF??

by Astrofan on Aug 11, 2012 7:40 PM PDT reply actions 2 recs

Freaking awesome!!!

My mom walked into the door after the hit…I jumped on her and was slamming her head as if she just hit it…she had no clue what was going on….AHHHH!!!!

Writer at http://thesleeperpick.wordpress.com/
You can follow me @YoniPollak

by EveryHoustonTeamRox! on Aug 11, 2012 7:41 PM PDT reply actions

Jordan Schafer ‏@JordanSchafer
The Seahawks jerseys r serious!!!!!
Reply Retweet Favorite

Astros, Belmont, 'Bama and Corpus Christi.

by ccislanders on Aug 11, 2012 8:50 PM PDT up reply actions

#ThingsStonersSay

by GatorTD on Aug 11, 2012 8:51 PM PDT up reply actions 1 recs

Best tweet of the day
Timothy De Block ‏@TimothyDeBlock
Now we’re just putting random stuff in the bounce house. Elmo chair.

by BustaPozee on Aug 11, 2012 8:45 PM PDT reply actions

1) I am listening to this podcast, by the way

2) Mike Elias sits in the office next to mine
3) It’s pronounced eee-LYE-us

by Mike Fast on Aug 11, 2012 9:55 PM PDT reply actions

Timmy reads at a 3rd grade level

In Luhnow we trust!

by orangeblood kid on Aug 12, 2012 5:11 PM PDT reply actions

ramble

Was just looking at the 2002 draft. 3 picks in a row are Zack Greinke, Prince Fielder and Scott Moore.

by ol Pete on Aug 12, 2012 6:29 PM PDT reply actions

Can we trade Scott Moore for Prince Fielder?

by rambo2 on Aug 12, 2012 6:35 PM PDT up reply actions

SB Nation Featured Video
X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join The Crawfish Boxes

You must be a member of The Crawfish Boxes to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at The Crawfish Boxes. You should read them.

Join The Crawfish Boxes

You must be a member of The Crawfish Boxes to participate.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9351_tracker