What a crazy night in the minor leagues! Lancaster won in the 13th inning, can you imagine what time that game actually ended in CT? I know I was already in bed. Lexington fought until the 14th inning before losing. And, it gets better! Corpus won in the 15th inning! So, be prepared when you start looking at the box scores and see several 7 at-bats for hitters and one reliever pitching five innings, despite the starter going seven.
OkC's win has some good little story lines to briefly go over. One is that Wes Musick started and pitched a great game. He's really shot up through the system this year since he started out at Lancaster. We'll see how long he lasts in AAA with Armando Galarraga still not being activated. But, perhaps he's earned a second start and will prove he belongs in the rotation there. If he continues to pitch well there, he'll raise his ceiling in my eyes which currently stands at middle reliever/LOOGY.
Scott Moore played LF last night. I hadn't noticed this before, but he's actually played eight games out there and has even played one at 2B. If Moore continues to hit the way he has this season, he could be a valuable bat off the bench if he's that versatile. He'll primarily be a pinch hitter with some pop, but he could fill in some positions in a pinch.
Hey, Brett Wallace! You like getting highlighted? That bomb last night says yes!
For you twitter people, look at Jason Chowning's stat line in the Lexington box score then immediately go to milb.com page, look at his stats. You will then be awe struck at his lack of a promotion. You will then be implored to go to your twitter and tweet something and include #FreeJasonChowning. And if you're feeling froggy, tweet him @Jason_Chowning and let him know your a fan.
Oklahoma City won 4-1
- Wes Musick-6 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO, 8/4 GO/AO, 85 pitches-He might end up raising his ceiling this year
- Mickey Storey-2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 SO, 3/3 GO/AO
- Jose Valdez-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Scott Moore LF-2-4, 2B
- Fernando Martinez RF-2-4, 3B
- Brett Wallace 3B-1-4, HR, 2 SO-So, my highlight worked?
- Brian Bixler PH, 2B-1-2, 2B
Corpus Christi won 5-2 (15 innings)
- Jose Cisnero-7 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 SO, 3/6 GO/AO, 111 pitches-That's why you leave him in the rotation
- Kevin Chapman-2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 SO, 4/1 GO/AO
- Erick Abreu-5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 SO, 3/4 GO/AO
- Jason Stoffel-1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO
- Austin Wates CF-2-6, 2B, SO, SB
- Jonathan Villar SS-1-7, 4 SO, SB
- Jose Martinez 2B-2-7, 2B
- Jonathan Singleton 1B-1-5, 2 BB, 3 SO
- Chris Wallace DH-1-4, HR, BB, SO
- Jair Fernandez C-1-5, 2B, BB, SO
Lancaster JetHawks won 7-6 (13 innings)
- David Martinez-5 1/3 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, 2 HR, 10/2 GO/AO
- Jose Trinidad-2 2/3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO, 2/3 GO/AO
- Kirk Clark-2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 2 HR
- Andrew Robinson-2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO, 3/1 GO/AO
- Pat Urckfitz-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Erik Castro DH-0-4, 2 BB, SO
- Domingo Santana RF-1-5, 2B, 3 SO
- Telvin Nash LF-1-4, HR, 3 SO
- Grant Hogue LF-1-2, 2B
- Ben Heath C-2-5
Lexington Legends lost 10-9 (14 innings)
- Jonas Dufek-5 2/3 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO, 1 HR, 5/4 GO/AO
- Jason Chowning-2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 SO
- Euris Quezada-3 2/3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 3 SO, 4/3 GO/AO
- Delino DeShields Jr. 2B-2-7, 2 2B, 4 SO
- Zachary Johnson 1B-3-5, 2 BB, SO
- Chris Epps LF-4-6, BB, SO
- Drew Muren RF-2-5, 2 BB, SO
- Mike Kvasnicka C-1-6, HR, 2 SO