The question has been answered! Adam Bailey is the man that gets the call to Corpus to fill the shoes of T.J. Steele. In fact, Steele has already signed a minor league free agent deal with the Padres and was sent to AA. Guess who their AA affiliate is? The San Antonio Missions who are in the Texas League! Irony!
The roster situation seems to be cleared up for Corpus now with them at 25. Chris Hicks was activated and promoted to OkC. Although, OkC is now full with Jordan Lyles being optioned down but Ben Bass and Armando Galarraga have yet to be added. Some more movement could happen which could result is some players being released.
With Bailey's promotion, lets take a look at his body of work. He fell just short of 100 plate appearances for Corpus last year, and hit very well for the Hooks. So, it's a bit surprising that he has spent so much time in Lancaster this year. That was until I dug into his numbers some more. Something is different this season with his swing. He has posted just an .812 OPS in Lancaster. He has posted the power numbers with an ISO of .207 but his batting average and OBP are both down slightly.
Those don't really seem like a big deal, except you would expect a better OPS in Lancaster from a guy like Bailey. Although, it's an improvement from last year in Lancaster. It's better than his CC numbers too, but only slightly, and CC is suppresses lefty power too.
The difference are his batted ball types. Bailey is posting a similar BABIP at just over .300, but his LD% is down 5% from last year. His GB% is up 6% from last year. His FB% are different with Outfield FB% at nearly 6% down while Infield FB% is up 4.5 %. Maybe it's a product of him over swinging to take advantage of Lancaster so he can get back to where he finished last year, or maybe he's made some bad adjustments to his swing. I don't know, but I'd like for his LD% to climb back up to normal.
EDIT: Game Scores added
Oklahoma City RedHawks won 2-0 (called after five)
- Dallas Keuchel-5 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 SO, 4/3 GO/AO, 59 pitches, GS 62
- Brad Snyder RF-1-2, 2B, BB, SO
- Jimmy Paredes 2B-1-2, 2B
- Carlos Corporan C-1-1, 2B
Corpus Christi Hooks: Off
Lancaster JetHawks lost 7-4
- Jorge De Leon-3 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 5 BB, 1 SO, 3/3 GO/AO-Is this experiment over yet?
- Zachary Grimmett-5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, 6/4 GO/AO
- Adam Bailey RF-1-5, 2B, 2 SO-Last game as a JetHawk
- Domingo Santana DH-2-4, BB
- Erik Castro 1B-0-4, 3 SO
- Enrique Hernandez 2B-1-3, HR, BB, SO
Lexington Legends lost 2-1 (11 innings)
- Michael Foltynewicz-7 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO, 1 HR, 8/5 GO/AO, GS 67-3rd best GS of the season
- Dayan Diaz-2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 SO
- Delino DeShields Jr. 2B-1-5, HR, 2 SO
- Matt Duffy 3B-1-4, 2B, BB, 2 SO