Brett Wallace is heating up in OKC
Be gentle. This is my first time filling for Brooks, hopefully, he'll be back before I break anything.
Since we have four games to catch up on I'm going to highlight the best pitching performance and best hitting performances from each game.
- Dallas Keuchel had the worst game of the season allowing 12 earned runs in four innings pitched. My question is who leaves him in that long, that's essentially three grand slams in four innings.
Brett Wallace is heating up, he had a good overall weekend with two homeruns and two singles off uber prospect Trevor Bauer.
- Wes Musick is making an interesting climb through the system. Not too long ago he was battling the jet streams in Lancaster
- Brett Oberholtzer had one of his better games this season, posting a 64 Game Score yesterday.
- You stay classy George Springer. After being out of the lineup for a few days Springer returned and continued his torrid hitting.
- The pitching was considered a weakness for the JetHawks this season, however, they've gotten some solid pitching in a high octane offensive environment. I tip my cap to the Lancaster pitchers.
- If Brooks were here and he were to talk about one guy it would be Luis Cruz who posted the highest Game Score over the last four days. Brooks was particularly interested in grilling Steve of Appy Astros when we had him on the podcast. Cruz has emerged as the best pitcher on the Lexington stuff, however, he has three less starts than Folty and therefore that status could change easily. Still he's someone to be excited about.
Oklahoma City (2-2 weekend, 25-19 overall)
- May 18: Aneury Rodriguez, 5.2 IP, 5H , 2ER, 3BB, 2SO, GS: 50
- May 18: Landon Powell, 1-2, 1BB, 1HR
- May 19: Dallas Keuchel, 4 IP, 13H, 12ER, 3BB, 0SO GS: -15 (yes, negative)
- May 19: Brett Wallace, 3-5, 1HR, 3RBI - Things are heating up
- May 20: Jose Valdez, 1 IP, 2H, 1R, 3SO
- May 20: Fernando Martinez, Scott Moore, Brett Wallace and Landon Powell all with a homerun.
- May 21: Wes Musick, 6 IP, 6H, 2ER, 1BB, 2SO, GS: 51
- May 21: J.B. Shuck and Jimmy Paredes 3-5, 2R (Paredes had an RBI)
Corpus Christi Hooks (2-2 weekend, 19-25 overall)
- May 18: Jarred Cosart, 5.2 IP, 6H, 4ER, 4BB, 5SO, GS: 42
- May 18: Jonathan Singelton, 2-5, 1RBI
- May 19: Ross Seaton, 7 IP, 7H, 4R, 2ER, 4BB, 5SO, GS: 52
- May 19: Jonathan Singelton, 1-3, 2B, 2BB, 2R
- May 20: Jose Cisnero, 4 IP, 5H, 4ER, 3BB, 5SO, GS: 38
- May 20: Ryan McCurdy, 1-3, 1R, 1BB
- May 21: Brett Oberholtzer, 6 IP, 8H, 0R, 1BB, 9SO, GS: 64
- May 21: Jonathan Villar, 4-5, 1R, 2RBI
Lancaster Jethawks (2-2 weekend, 23-22 overall)
- May 18:Jorge De Leon, 4 IP, 2H, 3R, 2ER, 2BB, 2SO
- May 18: Domingo Santana, 2-4, 1BB, 2RBI, 2SO
- May 19: Ruban Alaniz, 6 IP, 2ER, 0BB, 3SO, GS: 55
- May 19: George Springer, 4-5, 1HR
- May 20: David Martinez, 4.1 IP, 9H, 7ER, 3BB, 8SO, GS: 22
- May 20: Adam Bailey, 4-4, 1HR, 2RBI
- May 21: Bobby Doran, 6.1 IP, 5H, 5R, 4ER, 3BB, 7SO, GS: 49
- May 21: Telvin Nash, 1-3, 1 2B, 1BB
Lexingtong Legends (3-1 weekend, 22-21 overall)
- May 18: Luis Ordosgoitti, 4 IP, 6H, 2ER, 3BB, 3SO, GS: 32
- May 18: Brandon Meredith, 4-5, 1 2B, 2RBI
- May 19: Michael Foltynewicz, 6 IP, 5H, 4ER, 4BB, 2SO, GS: 44
- May 19: Delino DeShields, Jr., 1-2, 2BB, 2R, 1 2B
- May 20: Luis Cruz, 7.2 IP, 3H, 0R, 2BB, 7SO, GS: 78
- May 20: Drew Muren, 3-4, 1BB, 1 2B, 2RBI
- May 21: Jonas Dufek, 7 IP, 7H, 3ER, 1BB, 3SO, GS: 53
- May 21: Zachary Johnson, 2-3, 1BB, 1RBI