What a bad day overall. Astros: Lose...RedHawks: Lose...JetHawks: Lose...
The rest of the teams were off. But, there was good news to celebrate about. Fernando Martinez and George Springer both homered and Dallas Keuchel pitched his best game of the season. Martinez is up to six on the season and Springer is up to four. Keuchel's game score was 75, which is one better than his previous season best of 74.
But, Martinez is the man of the day. His triple slash currently stands at .317/.380/.537 which results in a pretty OPS of .916. In his 134 plate appearances this season, he's hitting very well and showing good plate discipline with is strikeout rate standing about 17% and his walk rate is around 8%. Looks great overall.
The only red flag is a BABIP that stands at .351 which is supported by a LD% of 22%. Will he maintain both of those? Probably not. Expect both of those to come down some, but it's nice to see that he's seeing the ball well and making good contact.
This will probably spark some, "Let's bring him up to help out an offense that seems to be struggling." Let's not and say we did. And here's why. First reason is that he has struggled for much of his career and hasn't really had an extended stay in AAA, so let him sustain some success for his confidence and ensure that this guy is ready before he's called up. The second reason, who do you send down? Mr. Clutch Bogusevic? Nope! Maxwell? Nope, too versatile. Schafer? Yeah, ok! J.D. Martinez? He's struggling, but c'mon! Buck? The only real veteran presence in the OF, I really doubt it.
Oklahoma City RedHawks lost 2-1
- Dallas Keuchel-7 1/3 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 SO, 10/3 GO/AO, 93 pitches
- Xavier Cedeno-1 1/3 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Fernando Martinez RF-1-3, HR (6), BB, SO, OF Assist
- Jimmy Paredes 2B-0-3, 3 SO
Corpus Christi: Off
Lancaster JetHawks lost 7-4
- David Martinez-6 2/3 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO, 7/5 GO/AO
- Jorge De Leon-2 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 SO, 2/1 GO/AO
- Ben Orloff SS-2-4, BB
- Rafael Valenzuela 1B-2-4, 2B, SO, CS
- George Springer CF-3-4, HR, BB, SO
- Telvin Nash LF-2-5, 2B, 2 SO
- Erik Castro DH-1-3, 2 BB, SO