Alright, so I called that one or both of Henry Sosa and Dallas Keuchel would get promoted and Keuchel was! I said somebody would be released (I didn't want to call anyone out, but Hennessey was my guess) and that happened. There are still six starter in Corpus, and aside from one tweet from Stephen Goff and Lancaster's roster, Jarred Cosart is pitching in AA today. So, that makes seven starters!
I'm predicting more moves today! Personally, I think it makes too much sense for Cosart to stay in A+ ball since he had decent results in a pitchers league and with his stuff, he would be ok in Lancaster. If you count Robert Doran, who has been pitching out of the bullpen since returning from the DL, they have five starters. But, Doran could remain in the pen or Zachary Grimmett could go back to the pen despite showing some ability from the rotation.
I also think Erick Abreu is going to have a change in his role. Whether it's on another team, organization, or the bullpen. I would have thought that Jonnathan Aristil would be pushed to the pen but he started last night. Someone has to go to Lancaster or OkC. Ross Seaton, Paul Clemens, Brett Oberholtzer, Henry Sosa, Jarred Cosart, and apprently Aristil are all given rotation spots, its bound to happen.
Oklahoma City lost 0-2
- Lucas Harrell-1 1/3 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 3/0 GO/AO-Ejected!
- Wesley Wright-3 2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO, 9/1 GO/AO
- Douglass Arguello-2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 SO, 4/2 GO/AO
- Mickey Storey-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Jeff Fulchino-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 SO
- JB Shuck LF-3-4, 2B-Average is over .300 again!
- Collin DeLome CF-1-4, 2 SO, 2 SB
- Anderson Hernandez 2B-0-2, 2 BB
Corpus Christi lost 4-3
- Jonnathan Aristil-4 2/3 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 2 SO, 3/7 GO/AO
- Henry Villar-1 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Chris Wallace C-1-4, HR
- Jon Gaston RF-1-4, 2B
Lancaster lost 4-3
- Jose Cisnero-5 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 7 SO, 4/2 GO/AO-Solid, it's a good sign that he could last five innings while giving up a few runs, he normally is meltdown or dominate. So, maybe the meltdowns are going away.
- Wes Musick-3 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
- Miguel Arrendell SS-1-4, 2B, BB, 2 SO
- Austin Wates LF, CF-2-5, 2B, SO
- Jonathan Singleton 1B-2-5, 2B, SO
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-2-4, SO, CS
- Erik Castro DH-2-3, BB, SO
- Rene Garcia C-1-3, 3B, BB, SO
Lexington won 8-7
- Ruben Alaniz-5 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 12/4 GO/AO
- Jason Chowning-1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 SO
- Jay Austin LF-2-6, 2B, SO, SB
- Mike Kvasnicka 3B-1-5, 2B, BB, 2 SO
- Telvin Nash DH-0-2, 2 BB, SO
- Tyler Burnett 1B-1-4, 2 BB
- Dan Adamson CF-2-4, 2B, HR, 2 SO
- Emilio King RF-3-5, OF Assist
Tri-City lost 13-6
- Jonas Dufek-3 2/3 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO, 2/2 GO/AO
- Dayan Diaz-2 1/3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO
- Justin Gominsky CF-1-5, 2B, 2 SO
- Matt Duffy 3B-2-4, 2B, SO
- Brandon Meredith DH-2-4, HR, BB, SO-1st career HR!
- Drew Muren RF-2-3, BB, OF assist-Brandon Meredith told me that this guy is the fastest on the team.
- Neiko Johnson SS-2-3, BB
- Bubby Williams C-1-4, HR
Greeneville won 7-2
- Tyson Perez-5 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO, 9/2 GO/AO
- Ariel Ovando RF-1-4, 2B
- Chase Davidson DH-2-4, HR, 2 SO
- Luis Alvarez C-1-4, 2B, SO
- Ronald Sanchez 1B-0-2, 2 BB
- Alex Todd SS-2-3, 2B
GCL Astros lost 4-3
- Evan Grills-1 2/3 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO, 2/0 GO/AO
- Pedro Gomez-3 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 SO, 3/2 GO/AO
- Andrew Walter-2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 SO
- Justin Gill-3 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO, 6/2 GO/AO
- Alfredo Gonzalez DH-2-5, SO
DSL Astros lost 10-1
- Geronimo Franzua-1 2/3 IP, 3 H, 8 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO, 1 HR, 2/0 GO/AO
- Victor Mesa-3 2/3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO, 5/1 GO/AO
- Cristian Murillo CF-1-3, 2B, SO