With Brooks' absence over the next week, David and myself will have the bases covered for you. Apart from good wins for the Hooks and Redhawks, last night saw the Astros affiliates a bit thin on the ground for good pitching performances and offensive outbursts. Still there was plenty going on, with Jordan Schafer making his first rehab start in Oklahoma City, Domingo Santana making his second Lexington start,and the Legends rocking Stephen Strasburg for five early runs.
Behind a wondrous start by Erik Abreu the Hooks put up their third straight win, an incredible turnaround considering their 12 game losing streak, a streak that including three shutouts and 10 games where they scored three runs or less. If Ross Seaton has turned things around, he, Jarred Cosart, Brett Oberholtzer and Paul Clemens should lead them to a strong finish.
The other big story this week has been Joshua Magee's streak of 12 at bats with 12 hits, and he continued this rich vein of form by leading off last night's game with a solo home run. Shame about the three errors he committed for Greeneville. Alex Todd is putting together a nice week at Lancaster, while Kody Hinze and Austin Wates continue their stellar seasons.
While Brooks is away we may also see Jack Armstrong and George Springer debut later in the week, but in the meantime here are last night's lines after the jump.
Oklahoma City won 2-1
- Lucas Harrell: 7 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 9/2 GO/FO -also drove in one on the game's runs and walked.
- Brett Wallace 1B: 1-3, 2B, BB - high average but still no home runs.
- Anderson Hernandez SS: 1-3, BB
Corpus Christi won 7-1
- Erik Abreu: 8 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 10 K, 6/5 GO/FO - where did that start come from?
- Josh Zeid: 1 IP, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- Kody Hinze 1B: 3-4, BB
- Adam Bailey DH: 1-4, HR, K - has had an impressive first five games in Texas League
- Brandon Wikoff SS: 2-3, BB
- Jonathan Gaston RF: 1-4, 2B, BB, K
- Jose Cisnero: 5 IP, 6 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 9 K, 4/1 GO/FO
- Kyle Greenwalt: 3 1/3 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Alex Todd 2B: 2-4, 2 2B, K
- Austin Wates CF: 2-4, 2B
- Jonathan Singleton 1B: 1-4, K
- Luis Cruz: 5 IP, 11 H, 8 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 5/2 GO/FO
- Gabriel Garcia: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- Telvin Nash 1B: 2-4, HR
- Domingo Santana RF: 2-4, K - second start for the Legends since being traded.
- Emilio King CF: 2-4, 2 2B,
- Delino DeShields 2B: 0-3, 2 BB, K - continues to get on base.
- Juri Perez: 5 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, BB, 4 K 5/3 GO/FO
- Garrett Bullock: 3 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Matthew Duffy 3B: 2-4
- Ryan McCurdy C: 2-4
- Miguel Arrendell 2B: 2-4
- Adrian Houser: 2 1/3 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 2 K, 4/1 GO/FO - not his best start, too many walks.
- Matison Smith: 1 2/3 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 2/1 GO/FO
- Joshua Magee 3B: 1-4, HR, K - he also made three errors in the game, ouch.
- Jesse Wierzbicki 1B: 1-2, 2B
- Ambiorix De Leon: 1 1/3 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 0/0 GO/FO
- Yonquelys Martinez: 2 2/3 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 3/1 GO/FO
- Alexander Martinez: 3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 7/0 GO/FO - putting the ball in play and letting your defense sort it out.
- Mario Gonzalez 1B: 2-4, BB
- Juan Santana SS: 0-2, 3 BB, SB
- Teoscar Hernandez CF: 0-3, 3 BB