I don't have a lot of time this morning, so this will be brief, and not in depth at all.
Jose Cisnero is a beast! When he's not trying paint the corners and just relying on his stuff, he dominates. But, thats the problem. He gets worried he'll give up a home run and trys to throw too many borderline pitches. That's what hurts him. He gets in hitters counts and then has to bring one too far in that gets crushed. When he attacks guys, you see these great starts like last night.
He has pitched 84 2/3 innings this year and struck out 103! That is a great ratio! Although, he's walked 52. Now, I think that number is slightly inflated due to bad starts where he gets too cute with his pitches and ends up walking guys because he's in bad pitchers counts. I'm not saying he has good control though, just better than it looks on the surface.
Three of his four starts this month have been very good, while the other being terrible, so maybe he's starting to figure it out now. I'm a proponent of Lancaster and keeping some pitchers there because it brings a unique mental challege that very few parks can. If Cisnero is able to figure it out in Lancaster, can you imagine the adversity he'll be able to handle at any other level? With his stuff, that will make a very unique and dominating pitcher.
Oklahoma City lost 8-4
- Brad Hennessey-2 1/3 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 0 SO, 3/0 GO/AO
- Casey Fien-1 2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Jason Bourgeois LF, CF-1-4, 2B
- Robinson Cancel C-1-3, 2B, BB
- Anderson Hernandez 2B-1-3, 3B
- Oswaldo Navarro 3B-2-2, BB, SB, CS
- Tommy Manzella SS-2-3, SO, SB
Oklahoma City lost 6-1
- Xavier Cedeno-4 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO, 1 HR, 6/0 GO/AO-Decently solid debut.
- Koby Clemens 3B-1-3, 3B
- Anderson Hernandez 2B-2-2, BB, CS
Corpus Christi won 6-0
- Henry Sosa-7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 SO, 7/6 GO/AO
- Blake King-1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO
- Arecnio Leon-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 SO
- Jonathan Villar SS-1-3, 2B, BB, CS, PO
- JD Martinez LF-2-4, 2 SO
- Kody Hinze 1B-2-4
- Jacob Goebbert RF-2-3
- Jonathan Gaston CF-2-3, 2 HR, BB-Talent is definitely there, just can't put it together.
Lancaster won 14-2
- Jose Cisnero-6 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 11 SO, 1 HR, 2/3 GO/AO-He's phenomenal when he's on!
- Wander Alvino-3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 SO
- Miguel Arrendell SS-2-4, 2B
- Andrew Simunic CF-3-4, 2B, BB
- Jose Carlos Thompson 2B-4-5, 2B
- David Flores 1B-2-5, 2B, HR
- Jonathan Meyer 3B-2-4, SO
- Erik Castro DH-2-4, 2B, HR, BB, SO-Nice to see him back and doing some damge.
Lexington lost 8-3
- Ruben Alaniz-6 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO, 1 HR, 8/1 GO/AO
- Delino DeShields 2B-3-4, BB-Wasn't his average at .200 a week ago? It's now .228!
- Mike Kvasnicka 3B-1-3, 2B, BB
- Ben Heath DH-2-4, 2B, HR, SO
- Ben Orloff SS-2-3, BB
Tri-City lost 4-2
- Jonas Dufek-6 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO, 6/4 GO/AO
- John Hinson 2B-2-3, 2B
Tri-City lost 3-2
- Kyle Hallock-5 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO, 7/3 GO/AO
- Mitchel Lambson-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Nieko Johnson LF-2-3, SO, 2 SB-This guy swipes bases like Busta stalks Jose Altuve!
- Ryan McCurdy C-2-3, SO
- Jacke Healey SS-1-2, 2B
Greeneville won 8-2
- Ricardo Batista-5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 SO, 3/3 GO/AO
- Zachary Dando-2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 SO
- Paris Shewey-1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Joshua Magee 2B-1-5, 2B, SO, SB
- Jesse Wierzbicki 1B-2-3, HR, BB
- Garen Wright RF-2-4, SO
- Luis Alvarez C-2-4, 2B
- Jose Monzon-1-3, 3B, BB
GCL Astros lost 6-5
- Francis Ramirez-5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO, 4/5 GO/AO
- Justin Gill-1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 SO
- Jose Fernandez SS-2-5, SO
- Yonathan Mejia DH-1-5, 2B, SO
- Jean Carlos Batista 2B-3-4, 3B
- Kyle Redinger 3B-1-3, 2B
DSL Astros lost 2-0
- Ambiox De Leon-7 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO, 9/4 GO/AO
- Teoscar Hernandez CF-1-4, 3B, SO